Thread: Stair Lifts for donation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Stair Lifts for donation

I have 2 straight stair lifts that I need to donate. They are personal lifts only - they will not move your chair - 350# weight limit, with a seat. Straight climb for 7 steps.
    I cannot use them again and need to donate them. I cannot sell them, they must be donated to an "Official" charity, though I suppose I could designate a specific recipient through that charity.
    They must be picked up, I cannot deliver or ship. They are very heavy.

I am VERY serious - these things must go and soon.

Baltimore/Washington DC area.
    BeeBee

Call your local National Multiple Sclerosis Society or Paralyzed Veterans of America.

PVA Appellate Office

811 Vermont Avenue, NW,Rm 327
    Washington, DC 20005
    202-565-5088
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

You can also try habitat for humanity.
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

To date I have tried Habitat for Humanity, MS, MD, a couple of veteran groups, Christofer Reeves, Salvation Army, Goodwill and here.
    Seriously, can no one use these? This would provide up to 2 people more mobility in their home or even the ability to stay in their home.
    Anyone?
    BeeBee

Could they be donated to individuals we are in need for sure for my son C5/C6 22yrs old 2.5yrs post How about the United Way ..Lamoille County Vermont

Quote Originally Posted by new dimension View Post
    Could they be donated to individuals we are in need for sure for my son C5/C6 22yrs old 2.5yrs post How about the United Way ..Lamoille County Vermont
    I could donate them to a church or other charitable organization for the intent of your son. Did you establish a fund for his care post injury? Or are you a member of a church, synagog or other affliation? Elks club, Shriners? ANYTHING!?! They would have to be picked up - no way can I ship them.
    I would love to help your son if we can make this work.
    BeeBee

BeeBee,I don't know if it's helpful, but I'm in contact with a charity here in my town that is specifically designed to help disabled people. Their name is Racing for Rights. The website is http://racing4rights.org/ I'm sure if you still have the stair lifts Kristi could help make the transition between you & the couple people whom have said they could use them seamless. I'm sure there's a way that you could donate them to Racing & Racing could then bequeath them to people who could use them in your area...We're in a small town in FL, so picking them up from here wouldn't be practical but if you've got people who could use them I'm sure Racing could be the middleman...They are amazing people.
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

I need a stair lift but it would have to be delivered since I am in Indiana.

If you or an organization can arrange to ship/pick it up. Couldn't fit in a pickup unless it was a longer bed - I can measure if it comes to that. VERY heavy. Would fit in a U-haul type truck, though.
    BeeBee

Well, I not sure I understand tomhanks' comment at all, but these lifts are still available. ANYONE?
    BeeBee