Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: I hate almost everybody and everything about this f'ed up sci life

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    You just gotta have fun in life regardless of your circumstances. I don't feel so great most of the time, massive pain in my legs, a/d most of the time, feel bloated, have not moved a muscle or felt anything from T4 down since 1981. But off I go tomorrow up to lake george new york towing my boat and hoping to win the annual lake george regatta. "Just do it", as Nike use to say.

I know. I really don't mean to come across so snippy. I am getting ready to drive back cross country after giving up a job that I have worked so hard to get. I realize that taking care of myself right now is much more important than 40-60 hour work weeks. I am hoping my photography and all the things I enjoy will be worth the pain of having to walk away from doing something I love. Good luck at the Regatta.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyed_daisy View Post
    I know. I really don't mean to come across so snippy. I am getting ready to drive back cross country after giving up a job that I have worked so hard to get. I realize that taking care of myself right now is much more important than 40-60 hour work weeks. I am hoping my photography and all the things I enjoy will be worth the pain of having to walk away from doing something I love. Good luck at the Regatta.
    Sometimes a lost opportunity can be a opportunity gained. I was thinking about this today as I rode in my truck past a business I nearly bought in 1986 to run my quick lube out of which I really liked. The deal fell through when the guy decieded not to sell the place, it is still his radiator shop to this day. I was really upset but continued looking and found a Gas Station about 20 miles away for less money that turned out to be a gold mine for me over the next 13 years of my life. I was not planning on even getting into the Gasoline sales business but it was a real moneymaker, plus I ended up with garages to boot to run my quicklube. So you never know what is in store for you if you just apply yourself. It sounds like you are doing the right thing moving out of AZ if the heat is bothering you so much. I remember being in Scottsdale at a place called the Phoenetian ten years ago or so and people were just baking in the sun laying next to the swimming pools, you could literally smell baking flesh. I wondered how in the heck do people live there?
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Quote Originally Posted by cass View Post
    lynnifer and daisy sure have hit a chord w/me. sometimes you just say wtf have i done all this for? doesn't mean there aren't still some smiles, but, in general, it's wtf? i trust this will pass. but it sure is taking its sweet time....
    It's funny I was thinking the same exact thing yesterday. "I'm not alone." One can't escape the fact that this site is full of support and validation. Damn! lol

Once I accepted that I was not going to be a mother or have a family, I was forced to look at the positives ... and that was of course, that I just have me to worry about.. Damn kids! lol

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    It's funny I was thinking the same exact thing yesterday. "I'm not alone." One can't escape the fact that this site is full of support and validation. Damn! lol

Once I accepted that I was not going to be a mother or have a family, I was forced to look at the positives ... and that was of course, that I just have me to worry about.. Damn kids! lol
    Ya really, what kind of life would it be changing poopy diapers and getting migranes from screaming kids. Look at the bright side of things, you are free. A lot of your friends your age are tied down to drudgery.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyed_daisy View Post
    So what happens when your passion is no more because you can't freakin concentrate.
    I totally relate to that. After my injury, I was thinking to myself, what happened to my ability to concentrate on slower things like studies? Then I went into attention addiction in which I always needed something going to keep me from thinking too much. If I didn't have the TV on, listening to music, or on the PC, I'd be lost in the silence.

I actually enjoy the silence now and love meditation.

I hate myself and my life too. I have a lot more than others have blah blah blah......sorry. I hate this and I wish it were done.

Ya really, what kind of life would it be changing poopy diapers and getting migranes from screaming kids. Look at the bright side of things, you are free. A lot of your friends your age are tied down to drudgery.
    curt, i know you mean well and have good intentions...but, sigh.

No woman aching for child sees it this way. When you long for one, poopy diapers seem worthwhile. Plus, for quite many people, it isn't the vain, materialistic things that their dreams are made of. Wanting something you can't have is being tied down to drudgery.

How does this describe it: The fire has gone out. Pretty accurate I'd say.

PAIN!, I hate the pain