Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: I hate almost everybody and everything about this f'ed up sci life

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
    Perfect recovery? As in being able-bodied again? You can't think your way into nerve regeneration.
    I tried that for a long time in the beginning.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Quote Originally Posted by LIP26 View Post
    no positive reinforcement from anyone regarding SCI on here...makes near perfect recovery seem even harder!!
    why would somebody looking for positive reinforcement even open a 13 page thread with this title? that's like watching a R rated movie and complaining about the content. geesh! good luck on that perfect recovery. meanwhile, there are thousands who just need to vent.

still waiting!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cass View Post
    why would somebody looking for positive reinforcement even open a 13 page thread with this title? that's like watching a R rated movie and complaining about the content. geesh! good luck on that perfect recovery. meanwhile, there are thousands who just need to vent.

Quote Originally Posted by alan View Post
    I tried that for a long time in the beginning.

Bill used to do it too alan - I don't know what broke my heart more that he did it at all - or that he stopped doing it !

Obie
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Quote Originally Posted by Obieone View Post
    Bill used to do it too alan - I don't know what broke my heart more that he did it at all - or that he stopped doing it !

Obie

I think the stopping doing it hurts those around us more than we know. Realizing....it is what it is and that I know it bothers others more than it does us.

I know the last year. I have realized this IS all there is. If people can't accept that...I don't know what else to do. I don't have anything else to give and I am tired of trying to be something else other than in chronic pain, aging with injury, and injured. I either medicate and function somewhat or don't medicate and don't function or die. But I will never be what I was last year.

Lots of people can't handle that, even other disabled people who think they understand pain. They understand their own pain and sometimes its not the same.

Right now I am going to take some pictures of some bear tracks and markings in a tree. That is something I can still do and it is my happiness for now. He was visiting us a couple of nights ago.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown