Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: I hate almost everybody and everything about this f'ed up sci life

BTW I am prepared to purchase ART DONE BY DISABLED POEPLE that expresses their disabled experience must come with an explanation.

I have been soooo busy these past few months with caring for elderly mom who was in short term rehab for 3 months, now home, and dealing with aides, for myself, who have attitudes. Been lurking but this thread reminded me of a thread a while back. Hope you don't mind lazlo but I remember your post and am providing a link. Click on lazlos link and that will show people what pain can really feel like. I'm not lost and have so much to offer on so many threads. Be back soon

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...68#post1221268

His link is on the first post of the page I provided

Quote Originally Posted by cass View Post
    ok, how about changing the metaphor to painting. is picasso chaos? or a language of chaos? a language of disability by painting discordant images? we have an exhibit of picasso in seattle now. trying to decide whether or not to go. i prefer impressionists.
    OH cass go to the Picasso exhibit, I used to be an art major and loved to draw since i was a kid, picasso was brilliant. He is most remembered for his cubist stuff, but there was so much more, he even as a child could draw anything. Oh you have to go. \\\

You know the mexican artist Frida Kahlo right, they made a movie about her, several years ago i believe. i have a pic of one of her paintings on my profile, if you dont know her work check it out. When she was about 18 she was riding a trolley that collided with another vehicle, if I remember right and was impaled by a steel rod thru her back and out her vagina. She fractured her spine in 3 places and had a multiple, multiple injuries and suffered the consequences througout her life. Of course most of her paintings deal with her struggles. She was born in like 1907 or something, was a communist and was married to the famous muralist diego rivera They had a fascinating life. If you don know her work, check it out and the book written about her. Go to the picasso exhibit!!

I saved this on my bookmarks. The artist here expresses so many of my thoughts on sci. Wish I could find the thread I found it on. Amazing and touching, at least to my reality of sci

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tskushi...7605324244085/

Quote Originally Posted by cass View Post
    ok, how about changing the metaphor to painting. is picasso chaos? or a language of chaos? a language of disability by painting discordant images? we have an exhibit of picasso in seattle now. trying to decide whether or not to go. i prefer impressionists.
    go see the picasso exhibit cass
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by marycsm77; 10-09-2010 at 11:10 AM.

ugh. today is just not going well.

seriously, this injury is just ridiculous. it takes away every reason you had for living in an instant and then tells you that you have to live anyway. you don't get a choice. in fact, i think that giving that choice is illegal in most states.

no; they superficially patch you up, throw you in a wheelchair, push you out into the world and expect you to exist just for the sake of existing. you can set new goals, new dreams, convince yourself to want new 'modified' things for yourself... start caring about shit you rightfully shouldn't have to be giving a shit about (yay! only a 2 on the pain scale today! ; go me! no accidents in 3 months!) except that these ~victories are now just even more of a reminder of how incredibly screwed up our lives have become.

dont get me wrong, im not suicidal; but i find such irony in the fact that many of us couldn't choose that path even if we wanted to. and its such a claustrophobic thought because even though i'd never take my own life, the idea that my control has been so utterly stripped makes me feel so trapped. as if being trapped in this useless body isn't enough.

blah. i have a lot of feelings today.

"ιn ѕoмe wayѕ ι love everyтнιng. ιт’ѕ leѕѕ oғ a тнιng тнan 'lιĸe'…leѕѕ dιѕтιncт. leѕѕ…parтιcυlar. ι lιĸe тнιngѕ тнaт ι lιĸe вυт ι love everyтнιng. тнere’ѕ мore cнoιce ιn ‘lιĸe’. вecaυѕe even тнe worѕт тнιngѕ нave тнιngѕ тo love ιn тнeм. ι love тнιngѕ ѕo мυcн ι ғeel lιĸe ι coυld ғloaт away."

Quote Originally Posted by infinity View Post
    ugh. today is just not going well.

seriously, this injury is just ridiculous. it takes away every reason you had for living in an instant and then tells you that you have to live anyway. you don't get a choice. in fact, i think that giving that choice is illegal in most states.

no; they superficially patch you up, throw you in a wheelchair, push you out into the world and expect you to exist just for the sake of existing. you can set new goals, new dreams, convince yourself to want new 'modified' things for yourself... start caring about shit you rightfully shouldn't have to be giving a shit about (yay! only a 2 on the pain scale today! ; go me! no accidents in 3 months!) except that these ~victories are now just even more of a reminder of how incredibly screwed up our lives have become.

dont get me wrong, im not suicidal; but i find such irony in the fact that many of us couldn't choose that path even if we wanted to. and its such a claustrophobic thought because even though i'd never take my own life, the idea that my control has been so utterly stripped makes me feel so trapped. as if being trapped in this useless body isn't enough.

blah. i have a lot of feelings today.
    i am sorry u feel shitty today, but what u said is so right. my son have said the same thing before. (kind of)
    hope tomorrow will be better for u.
    My mouth is like a magician's hat, never know what might come out of it.

no positive reinforcement from anyone regarding SCI on here...makes near perfect recovery seem even harder!!

Don't worry there's happy threads too.

Quote Originally Posted by LIP26 View Post
    no positive reinforcement from anyone regarding SCI on here...makes near perfect recovery seem even harder!!
    Perfect recovery? As in being able-bodied again? You can't think your way into nerve regeneration.