Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: This gimpy dude is driving me nuts!

This gimpy dude is driving me nuts!

So I just bought a house and moved in last month or so, and I have a gimpy neighbor a few houses down. Not SCI, but he is missing a leg and cant bear weight on the other. He's tall and fat like me, and he uses a power chair. No surprise.... he wants to be best buds. Whatever. The 3+ calls a day and him dropping by whenever he feels like it........ AAARRRGG! That's bad enough, but now he's asking for things. He seriously has been asking me to run errands for him even though he knows my van is broke. Bing me cigarettes, bring me icecream, go return this for me..... Uh, no. I'll grab something for him if I'm already going to the store but now any time I go out he wants something. He's less gimpy than I am, but he won't do ANYTHING for himself.

Ok I'll get to the point. I have two modes, super nice and super ass hole. My super nice is all used up. I don't mind tearing in to him and telling him what a pathetic ass hole he is, but he's a neighbor and I don't want the awkward glares etc. Any suggestions on how to handle this?
    Last edited by Cspine; 09-06-2010 at 12:06 AM.
    Death and taxes

In a calm and self assured manner, in full belief that what you are saying is reasonable "if it's an emergency call me but otherwise I don't like doing your chores so don't ask me"' nothing more. Not aggressive but unfriendly enough that he should be less enthusiastic about your friendship.

Alternatively just ask to borrow $10,000, that should finish it.

Knock his f'n teeth down his throat. JK, I'd tell him to quit being so f'n lazy and that he's used up all of his free rides. Then, everytime he asked for a "favor", I'd say, sure, twenty bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by brocko View Post
    Alternatively just ask to borrow $10,000, that should finish it.
    Oh, I like this one too.

write a letter explaining and defining your boundaries. be firm about ur not wanting him to bug u all the time. say that once in awhile you do not mind getting things for him but as you are capable of doing for himself, so can he. perhaps list some places that can help him get services he need and state that the great thing.

if he calls, ignore them. if he drops by, don't answer the door.
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

I'm just going to toss this out there . . . I would mentally and physically destroy him. jk just wanted to say destroy. In all seriousness 1 solid round house kick would totally end the friendship.
    Last edited by mr_coffee; 09-06-2010 at 07:25 AM.
    Injured:10-16-04
    C7/C8, T1 incomplete;

For stalkers convenience:
    Blog:
    http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
    Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/coryssanchez
    Progress:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b290/swooty/
    My drawings:
    http://kanvases.com/sites/corysanchez/home

Say yes, and then just flake. "Sorry Dude, I know, I know - you've reminded me five time, but I forgot it again."

As to the house visits, "Sorry man, now's not good for me". Shut door.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

CSpine sucks at round house kicks...

Don't answer the phone or the door when he calls or comes around. Eventually, he'll get the message, you won't have to say/do anything.

However, I do like the idea of the borrowing $10k or tell him it's $50 for every errand..

Have you tried telling him in a nice way you don't like being his keeper? I wouldn't get harsh unless needed. Just explain to him you'd like to be friends but that doesn't mean you want to do his errands for him.