Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spinergy LX bearings

Spinergy LX bearings

can anyone point me to some good quality bearings for Spinergy LX?
    the piece of shit ones in a brand new wheel started to grind after two weeks of easy wheeling. (yes, i am pissed.)
    thanks in advance.

Depending of the diameter of your axles, some Spinergys have bearings with 12mm inner diameter and others need bearings with 1/2" inner diameter.

If you have a 12mm axle diameter you will need a 12mm x 28mm x 8mm bearing, so find the bearing here according your pocket.

If you have a 12.8"mm (1/2") axle diameter you will have to find the bearings here

But probably you will have a 1/2" axle.

totoL1,
    the wheels are on a tilite zra2, and i just measured the axle, it is a half inch one.

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    If you have a 12.8"mm (1/2") axle diameter you will have to find the bearings here
    so the bearings the above link points to are the exact ones i need?
    based on their price, i would think that these are quite good, right?
    thanks!

here is the pdf for the spinergy lx wheel assy from tilite:
    http://estore.tilite.com/ecommerce/P...-9-08/9-27.pdf

and yes, the bearings are the ones in the link totoL1 posted.
    just to have it here too, the bearing dimensions are:
    1/2" x 1 1/8" x 5/15" (inner diameter x outer diameter x width)

while browsing for parts, i was trying to look up the bearings for the new
    "4" x 1" Performance 5 Spoke 2-Piece Billet Aluminium Wheel w/Soft Roll Tire" casters (i have them on the tilite slipstream single-sided forks), but i didn't find them in the parts store. are the bearings for those the same as for these?:
    http://estore.tilite.com/ecommerce/P...9-08/8-9.3.pdf

i.e. 8mm x 22 mm x 7mm,

and the replacement bearings would be these?:
    http://www.vxb.com/Merchant2/merchan...&Category_Code=

For casters choose here ,ceramic bearings don`t worth the money they cost for a wheelchair, but of course if money is not a problem for you go for them, i`ve got them in my casters and they spin like the first day, but you are not going to advice a really difference in your rides with them, and less in rear wheels that spin at less revolutions than casters.

Something that is good and no much expensive will be this for your casters and this for your Spinergys.

totoL1,
    thanks for your advice.
    i have ordered these:

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    Something that is good and no much expensive will be this for your casters and this for your Spinergys.

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    i have never had any problems with the bearings in my LX wheels, about 1-1/2 yrs old. I have seen a lot of complaints on here, are they that bad, should i go ahead and replace mine? my biggest problem with my casters are dog hair build up. there is a lot of space on my ZR between the soft roll casters and the fork, my quickie Ti had the 5" poly casters and my kids roll it all over the house and it doesn't collect the dog hair?

Quote Originally Posted by zz View Post
    totoL1,
    thanks for your advice.
    i have ordered these:
    toto unintentionally steered you wrong with the caster bearings. Because of the next-generation tapered spacer used on the Slipstream fork, 608 bearings, the industry standard for just about every ultralight wheelchair caster in the universe, no longer work. The inner diameter is too small. You need to use R6 bearings for your casters.

Post from mr_coffee's experience...

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showpos...88&postcount=9

As for Spinergy bearings, we issue a lot of chairs with Spinergy wheels and have not heard of any problems with the bearings.

Quote Originally Posted by zz View Post
    can anyone point me to some good quality bearings for Spinergy LX?
    the piece of shit ones in a brand new wheel started to grind after two weeks of easy wheeling. (yes, i am pissed.)
    thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    As for Spinergy bearings, we issue a lot of chairs with Spinergy wheels and have not heard of any problems with the bearings.
    I'm thinking zz's axles were too long/not adjusted properly causing abnormal wear that led to bearing failure? There's got to be a reason... is it both wheels zz?
    Last edited by tooley; 09-05-2010 at 10:09 PM. Reason: speeling