Thread: Losing use of left arm and leg

Losing use of left arm and leg

I have a spinal cord injury with myelomalacia ad atrophy from C3-7, which I have been told is progressive. This is due to a ruptured AVM that has been resected. Dr. Wise, do you know if the loss of my function in my left side might be improved with PT? My NS is out of town, and I have not been able to get the results of a recent myelogram/CT. Also, does it sound like it has progressed? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!!

do you think it could be a syrinx? That is what happened to me. I progressively lost function in my left arm, until I had it drained
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

I was diagnosed with syringomyelia in 2001 and my reports do say I have one. How are you now? Thanks for your reply!!!

well when I was confirmed to have a syrinx by mri. I also got blistering headaches when I went too quickly from an upright sitting position to a flat position and, I went to Miami for surgery where they placed a shunt to drain it into some cavitiy. I lost function of my left arm due to the undiagnosed syrinx. They said that it's possible to get my function back in my arm once the syrinx is drained (they said it "might" or "might not "). Unfortunately for me, the function never came back... Good luck
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Does PT help at all? If not, how do you wash your hair? That;s my biggest challenge!!!!! So sorry your surgery didn;t work!!!! God bless.