Thread: the special k challenge for losing a little weight

the special k challenge for losing a little weight

just wondering if anyone tried this and how well it worked for you? i was thinking of doing it twice a month for a few months till i get down to what i need to be which is losing 5 or 10lb. thanks for any advice.

starving your body of protien and vitamins etc isn't the best way to lose pounds. Being disabled our body really needs protien to be strong and it helps out if you cut yourself to heal faster.

I dropped 60lbs and kept it off (before the accident) by doing it the ol fashion way by eating like a rabbit and protien shakes after a 1 or 2 hour work out. eating smaller balenced diet meal more often and 1 hour of cardio is the best way. slower progress but its healthier and you have a better chance of keeping it off too..

I personally wouldn't eat corn meal all the time to keep full. Try a good protien shake and see how long you feel full. good luck with whatever you do!!!

yes with the special k program they do have protein shakes and protein meal replacement bars of all kinds. you also take one of the main meals a day and eat a healthy whatever you want.

Why then follow the Special K Challenge diet only a couple of days a month? If it is a sustainable diet, then do it every day, and be prepared to do it forever. Richard Simmons, bless his heart has a saying, (and I am paraphrasing)...Don't go on a diet, go on a live it!!!

Look at what you are eating...don't deprive yourself...eat what you like, but cut your portion sizes. Eat something of everything, just don't eat as much as you have been eating. When possible, substitute healthier, fewer calorie foods. Learn to eat differently. Learn to eat what you like, but less of it...that is a live it, not a diet.

You are very young, and you have to find your path to an eating pattern that you can live with, not feel deprived, and not limit your choices. I don't know about protein shakes. Have you ever tried a yogurt smoothie... 1/4 cup low fat yogurt, 1/2 peach/strawberries/raspberries (fresh or frozen), 1/2 banana, a couple of ice cubes, blended in a blender...it doesn't have to taste like a chocolate shake to be full of fiber and nutrients.

GJ and I watch what we eat, but eat what we like..just not so much of it. Hope this works for you.

All the best
    NL
    Last edited by gjnl; 09-05-2010 at 11:56 AM.

i lost weight once while in the hospital and having special K for breakfast. i also would have the protein shake as a snack in the afternoon.

lola
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" ~ edmund burker

c4-5 quad

Quote Originally Posted by bailey5774 View Post
    yes with the special k program they do have protein shakes and protein meal replacement bars of all kinds. you also take one of the main meals a day and eat a healthy whatever you want.
    Yes, they do have protein shakes and all sorts of other gimmicks, but if you look at the amount of protein, it's really miniscule for your body needs.

it works, marmalady!

lola
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" ~ edmund burker

c4-5 quad