Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: invivo theraputics video

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    I believe most of the biology of scar tissue formation as such in a injured cord is understood by researchers, I think what’s argued is more how present it is in most injuries and if how much it would hamper new axonal sprouting, new axonal sprouting which in itself is limited.
    I think this is exactly right.

what a fuck! why are we still sitting
    keep (rolling) Walking

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Johnnie, it's coming. I want it happen yesterday, but it's coming in it's own time. The good news is that credible clinical trials will be starting soon, including Wise's Asian trials. Let's hope that results will be seen concluisvely and soon. If you can find the VA trial for spinal cord please get it for me. I lost it and can't find it.

isn't this almost a cure for SCI?
    C-5, 6 SCI. Took about 6 months to walk. Walking full time. Without any assistance since Nov. 2003 and will make a full recovery

Quote Originally Posted by mj23 View Post
    isn't this almost a cure for SCI?
    If you wanted to cure monkeys, yes it's a cure. But it's not been tested in humans yet, so it's a potential cure. There are several other potential cures on the way, we "just" have to try them out to see what we got.

If this goes on a trial with humans with great results, yep that will be a cure.
    Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

At last we are not looking at rats!

Exactly how and when did he get back on his feet though? What procedure did he have and where?

W2W - Phoenix

There will be several of us spinal cord injured from over here including some of us which are quads whom also will bring their assistants, that will be going to this years great W2W conference in the US. We might also be accompanied with a great rehab doc and a very good sci scientist professor, from over here. We are going, that is set.

I believe when sci organizations, like now this time in the US when they organize such great events with top notch researchers in the field, other sci organizations if possible should go, overseas organizations, this not only for support, but more to gather information, share information and make connections for more regenerative efforts throughout the world, at home and worldwide, to make a voice and have this slow treatment wheel gaining real speed. It’s a win-win effort.

We do each year over here have many conferences at this side of the pound in the country where I live we arrange, but we should also see if we could do a annual European regenerative cure SCI conference over at this side. It is not so difficult to arrange, the folks are there, money too, its just a matter of a few people from different places in Europe, whom will put down some time to arrange it. No biggie, we’re in if others want to look into this.

See you in Phoenix.

http://unite2fightparalysis.org/w2w_2010_phoenix_home
    Last edited by Leif; 09-04-2010 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by carbar View Post
    At last we are not looking at rats!

Exactly how and when did he get back on his feet though? What procedure did he have and where?
    Barbara. I guess he was just lucky, lucky his injury was not too severe and got good treatment and rehab, well since there is no cure at the moment for more severe injuries I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by quadfather View Post
    I think this is exactly right.
    Right. The CNS need some help, and now we can see some helping aids for the CNS and the cord too. We just need to push the efforts a bit.

Aren't monkeys the closet thing to humans?

Quote Originally Posted by 0xSquidy View Post
    If you wanted to cure monkeys, yes it's a cure. But it's not been tested in humans yet, so it's a potential cure. There are several other potential cures on the way, we "just" have to try them out to see what we got.

If this goes on a trial with humans with great results, yep that will be a cure.
    C-5, 6 SCI. Took about 6 months to walk. Walking full time. Without any assistance since Nov. 2003 and will make a full recovery