Thread: Kennedy Kreiger workout plan

Kennedy Kreiger workout plan

My 34 year old son is classified as a C3 complete - has very strong shoulder movement, breathes totally on his own and can stand in an Easy Stand Evolv for about 20 minutes at a time - at some point he would like to go to KK for rehab; they told him he might be able to find a "pirated" copy of their workout plan for estim, standing, etc. from someone at CareCure. Does anyone have any info that we can use? It will probably be at least 6 months before he can head to Baltimore.

Thanks for any information.

Hi, I have no problem copying what i have and send it on but it does not focus on arms as noirin's level is T1 and she did not receive OT so it is basically electrical stim for the trunk and lower limbs-showing placement of pads and activity ideas. The level of stim stated has been set for noirin and she is only 6 so adjustments would need to be made. I was really enthused at first but have come to the slow conclusion that these exercises may help mantain muscle bulk ,probably help with bone density but limited effect on recovery as Noirin's injury is a complete transection. If you are still interested you can send me on an address to send it to and i wish you all the best, Sonia.

I'm surprized they don't give,lend, sell you a copy with your son going there in 6 months. You may try writing Pat Rummerfield about getting a copy. He is associated with KK and is really a good guy to get things done. He has a website.

For me, it would really be advantageous for your son to be as ready as he can for KK. It will make his time there more beneficial.

I have a KKI home based therapy plan for my son who is a T4, sounds similar to what Norins mum has. I'd be happy to copy and forward to you.

I cant tell you how happy I have been with KKI, both in-patient and out-patient. I hope you can get there very soon. Please feel freee to ask any questions you may have.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    I'm surprized they don't give,lend, sell you a copy with your son going there in 6 months. You may try writing Pat Rummerfield about getting a copy. He is associated with KK and is really a good guy to get things done. He has a website.

For me, it would really be advantageous for your son to be as ready as he can for KK. It will make his time there more beneficial.
    There is medical liability in giving a patient a program without ever having seen or evaluating the patient.
    Every day I wake up is a good one