Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: I'm finally getting my sore closed on April 27

I'm finally getting my sore closed on April 27

After having it from November of 2008 and being in bed pretty much the whole time with the exception of going to doctor's appointment and to the hyperbaric chamber. I can't wait. What am I going to be doing if I'm not stuck in bed all day? Damn, I really wish I could drive. Stupid seizures. I guess I'll just have to work at home. But let me tell you, it's going to be really really really nice to be able to spend a day in my chair and go out and do stuff with other people. Hopefully my shoulder well have healed up so I can push my chair and get myself back into shape.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Wonderful news. I'm sure you can find something to do. My question is what are you going to write about on CC once your sore is healed? You have had a long hard time with that darn sore, glad to hear something is finally going to be done. Good luck and hope you have a speedy recovery.

Fan-frickin-tastic news, Rybread! There was a skit by the original SNL cast called The Thing That Wouldn't Leave (John Belushi as a rude house guest who wouldn't take the hint that his hosts were ready for him to go away) -- I got to a point where I couldn't read an update about your battle with the wound without thinking of that sketch.

How are they going to close it? I may be misreading, but it sounds like there will be little recovery time required.

We'll have to have a getting out of the house celebration for you once you're finally free again -- not to mention nag you about not doing too much too soon and having a relapse!
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

I hope it goes well for you & you are able to get up in your chair in no time!!
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

I have a real good "feeling" this is going 2 B good 4 U.
    Take care of that shoulder.

Glad to hear it, Ryan .... I know it's been a long, hard haul for ya. I'll swing by again the next time I come to Phx.

If it can work for me, it can work for you! Here's hoping it all works and you can finally spend a summer enjoying the weather OUTSIDE!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Thumbs up

Hey Rybread,
    Glad to hear the good news!! Are you having a flap done & then into the Clinitron bed again post-op for awhile? Make sure you don't do too much too soon as you don't want a relapse again, I will hoping & praying for you on April 27th. Where are you having the surgery done? Are you going to the Mayo Clinic in Arizona for the surgery? When you can after the surgery please let us all know how you made out. Like the Hipcrip said to you we'll have to have a getting out of the house celebration party for you. Thanks for letting us all know about your up coming pressure sore surgery.

Take Care Ryebread !!

Thank you all for your well wishes. I'm going to a different hospital with a different surgeon who has a little more experience with spinal cord injuries. It looks like I'll be in the hospital between two and four weeks and then he's going to send me home with a Clinitron bed. The plan is to advance the flap I had done in 2008. This surgeon is not requiring me to do a colostomy like my surgeon at the Mayo clinic wants to do. The doctor at the Mayo clinic was also very rude to me the last time I had surgery there so I'm glad to be going somewhere else, although I'm going to miss all the very cute nurses that run around the Mayo clinic in the digital cable, but I don't know if the hospital I'm going to has that. I really hope they have wireless high-speed Internet. I can't imagine they don't. This surgeon also requires that my protein level be pretty high before I do surgery unlike my other surgeon. As far as taking care of what caused it, that's a done deal. I had a seating evaluation and they decided to put me on a new Roho because my old one was leaking and didn't fit my chair properly. So hopefully everything will go well afterwards and I can keep out of the hospital for a little while.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Congrats!! Good luck with the surgery, and as said before, enjoy afterwards but not over do it.