Page 92 of 287 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102142192 ... LastLast

Thread: ChinaSCINet Update

Quote Originally Posted by rjg View Post
    Who are you and why should I care about your opinion?
    I never said you should care about my opinion - we are each entitled to our own opinions and I was sharing some of mine (without resorting to name calling)

Quote Originally Posted by rjg View Post
    You people who are on the Jerry Silver bandwagon amaze me. He's done nothing of note for the sci community. And he's in his 60s, so it's not like he's got a bright future ahead of him. Wise has formed a trial network, created this website, invented methylprednisolone, and palled around with Chris Reeve. And in a year or so, he will have told us whether or not cord blood cells and lithium help treat chronic sci - no one has done anything like that. Jerry Silver will still be awaiting Acorda's permission to test ch'ase in a year(spoiler alert: they'll say no). Is favoring Silver a cripple hipster thing? Is it so cool to doubt a cure that you'll tout the merits of a guy who's done nothing over those of a guy who's doing something? Is it self loathing? Please, help me understand.
    How old is Wise? You seem to be a little 'ageist' as people like to say these days.

Is chondroitinase all that Jerry Silver has to offer? You think that he has done nothing to help the sci community? I think you need to educate yourself on the subject. Years of research into adding to our knowledge as to why the spinal cord doesn't repair itself. That's the way to resolve the problem.

Just call me a cripple hipster, whatever that means.

I am not running down Wise and I hope his clinical trials work - of course I do.
    Last edited by Christopher Paddon; 06-23-2012 at 11:40 PM.

Fellas, let's not get personal, we are all in this together.

Dr.Wise, I think that the main message of Dr.Silver's post is this:
    "Given that you are suggesting that far more substantial regeneration can occur, that entire aligned bundles of axons rather than scattered meandering fibers will emerge and, in addition, that they will continue to elongate well beyond the lesion even at long chronic time points after injury, one should base such hope building statements on experimental data rather than fantasy. There is not one shred of experimental evidence from any lab ever for the exuberant regeneration that you are predicting. It would be wonderful if chronically injured axons could regenerate long distances but this has yet to be demonstrated".
    You, as usual, evaded this sharp angle, - come back, please, and grind it a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by kivi66 View Post
    Dr.Wise, I think that the main message of Dr.Silver's post is this:
    "Given that you are suggesting that far more substantial regeneration can occur, that entire aligned bundles of axons rather than scattered meandering fibers will emerge and, in addition, that they will continue to elongate well beyond the lesion even at long chronic time points after injury, one should base such hope building statements on experimental data rather than fantasy. There is not one shred of experimental evidence from any lab ever for the exuberant regeneration that you are predicting. It would be wonderful if chronically injured axons could regenerate long distances but this has yet to be demonstrated".
    You, as usual, evaded this sharp angle, - come back, please, and grind it a little bit.
    You seem to have missed this:

I obviously cannot talk about this data in a public forum until it has been accepted in a peer-review journal.
    Patience grasshopper.

"You seem to have missed this:

Quote:
    I obviously cannot talk about this data in a public forum until it has been accepted in a peer-review journal.

Patience grasshopper."

Good point t8burst. However, I'm no expert but shouldn't the peer reviewe work be done on animals first then go to human trials? I might be confused here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Fellas, let's not get personal, we are all in this together.
    I agree Jim - I don't think anything in my posts was personal, unless calling rjg ageist is personal in which case I apologize.

I happen to think rjg's post was disrespectful and unnecessary

Thanks, t8burst, "grasshopper" is much more preferable (on multiple fronts) than an "ass on multiple fronts" and "anti-homosexual slur", though the latter is quite a compliment for me,-sorry, we all have one's little vices. You, for example, prefer dogs and continue yapping in spite of the fact that I have more than once dropped a hint that produced by you sounds is not what I expect to hear as a response to my inquiries. So, be a good puppy, ignore my posts.
    Last edited by kivi66; 06-24-2012 at 08:41 AM.

Dr Young says he observed some patients walking ... then laments about funding for further trials hinting that they need money.

It seems all very simple to me.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

it is simple Lynnifer!
    The most important, 3rd phase of this trial is in jeopardy due to lack of resources.
    Looks like some patients had some unexpected progress even through safety testing phases and Dr. Wise excitedly shared his "personal observation" in Open house.

Real data still waiting examination and could eventually along with phase 3 results shape our future.

By my opinion, if therapy shows proven safety record it is better to keep testing and researching all fine details in a real life, through phase 3, helping real people, rather than go back to animal study and again years of lab testing to figure out what are real mechanisms behind possible recoveries after UCBMC and lithium injection & vigorous exercise program.

This is very exciting time in SCI Cure search and Dr. Wise is under tremendous pressure from people that from any reason want to find mistake in his steps in a new dance he is trying to teach himself and dance something that no one danced before.

Imagine what team would be if Dr. Wise & Dr. Silver and couple of other top researchers start to play together!

We would land on the moon!
    www.MiracleofWalk.com

Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary
    to what we know about nature
    Saint Augustine