Page 87 of 287 FirstFirst ... 37777879808182838485868788899091929394959697137187 ... LastLast

Thread: ChinaSCINet Update

Quote Originally Posted by keeping on View Post
    this is small as compared what the Reeve foundation and the CIRM is getting. this seems out of kilter as to relevancy. I'm thinking if your trials show any efficay, money should be directed to you. Just my thoughts.

Anthony
    agree 100%
    www.MiracleofWalk.com

Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary
    to what we know about nature
    Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by muskie View Post
    Red Bull is a sponsor of SCI related projects, just a thought if you were looking for a big corporate sponsor.
    Muskie, do you know what other SCI related projects they support?

Thanks,

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Muskie, do you know what other SCI related projects they support?

Thanks,

Jim
    https://www.facesforcharity.com/en/home.html

http://www.wingsforlife.com/en/
    keep (rolling) Walking

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

http://www.wingsforlife.com/en-us/research/application/
    We’re thrilled to announce that the Faces for Charity raised in total an incredible 1,000,000 Euros which will fund cutting-edge research projects around the globe.
    The Wings for Life Spinal Cord Research Foundation is a privately funded research charity organisation with the exclusive aim to perform/promote basic and clinical research related to spinal cord injury. Research projects may address all aspects of spinal cord lesions, nerve regeneration, trophic support of lesioned neurons, and functional changes induced by lesions - preferentially in mammals. Proposals should have a view to translation from the laboratory to the clinical setting and have the potential to provide real benefits to human patients. Clinical research projects can be situated in the fields of diagnosis, acute lesion management including surgery, neurology, urology, rehabilitation, and other areas related to paraplegia.

Jim, I think JW got it covered.

Thanks JW
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

keep (rolling) Walking

WISE, i'VE SAID THAt MY MEAGER CONTRIBUTIONs ARE GOINg TO YOU ANd YOUr TRIALS AS Of NOW. I belive in that you are the only one thus far and Stem Cell INc that are at a true study for repair for spinal cord deficiences at this. time. I repeat that I'm confounded as to why funds are not flowing in. CIRM and Miami Project and Reeve founation are loaded with funds and none at this are even close to a therapy. or trial. this forum has alowed us to discuss a cure/ Stem cell advances are coming fast for other ailments and I belive that more are coming. My hope is tha tyour UCBM and lithium will provide hope for CHRONICS,us on this forum, by showing real efficay and hope for us. Yes this forum has allowed us to exist with our ailments. Yes, we are not all alike. for me it has allowed me to exercise everyday for 4 hours/day. Yes I know my caregivers think I'm strong willed because of what they see me do everyday.Yes I see that a viable therapy will only be my hope to ever get to move my bowels, take a leak, and yes walk again. Your forum has provided hope and discussions for us on the cure thread. THIS HAS BEEN SIGNIFICANT FOR ALL OF US. I hope that funds will start to flow to you and we will soon see efficay. 2014 is a date in the futre but is an eternity for many of us.

anthony

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    kz,

Spinal cord is different from a herniated disc. A disc is a piece of connective tissue and it doesn't matter if some cells die in the disc after the injection. Injecting into the spinal cord injury completely different. You don't want to kill any cells. Of course, some investigators have used the Seikagaku chondroitinase to treat rodent spinal cords but you need formal safety pathological analyses of the spinal cord under GLP (Good Laboratory Practice) conditions. I don't know (and don't think) that Seikagaku has "validated, proven, and established" the safety of the drug for administration into the spinal cord of rodents and a non-rodent species, as required by the FDA.

Wise.
    So, would one only run a pathalogical analyses if you're preparing to take the enzyme to clinical trial then?

http://www.seikagaku.co.jp/english/pdf/84.pdf

May 10, 2012
    Seikagaku Corporation
    (Securities Code: 4548)
    Kaken Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
    (Securities Code: 4521)
    Seikagaku and Kaken Conclude a Basic Distributorship Agreement
    for SI-6603, Indicated for Treatment of Lumbar Disc Herniation
    Seikagaku Corporation (Tokyo) and Kaken Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (Tokyo) hereby
    announce that today they have concluded a basic agreement concerning exclusive
    marketing rights in Japan for SI-6603 (generic name: condoliase), indicated for treatment of
    lumbar disc herniation. The companies plan to execute a final agreement at the end of 2012.
    Seikagaku is conducting clinical development of SI-6603 in Japan and the U.S. In Japan,
    the development is in a stage of the Phase III clinical trial. Seikagaku aims to promptly
    conduct this trial so as to obtain approval in the shortest possible time.
    Characteristics of SI-6603
    Lumbar disc herniation is the partial protrusion of the nucleus pulposus at the core of each
    intervertebral disc or the anulus fibrosus, the disc’s outer layer. The resulting pressure on
    spinal nerve root causes leg pain, back pain and discomfort. SI-6603 is an enzyme named
    condoliase that specifically degrades glycosaminoglycans, which are the main components
    of the nucleus pulposus. The injection of SI-6603 into the intervertebral disc would cause
    reduction of the pressure on the nerves, resulting in relief from pain. Because SI-6603 does
    not break down proteins, it is thought to have no effect on surrounding tissues, such as
    blood vessels and nerves. Furthermore, a single injection treatment with SI-6603 is
    expected to be as effective as lumbar disc surgery in alleviating symptoms, which means
    that patients would also be possible to reap benefits in the form of the patient’s physical load
    and reduced medical costs, including surgical and hospitalization costs.

Last edited by GRAMMY; 06-19-2012 at 10:43 AM.

I am sure that i saw in one of his post (I hope i am not wrong ,sorry it was a while ago and i could not find that post , if somebody can find that , please post it here again) , Dr. Silver was saying about the safety of CHAS' and he said " it is soooo safe" .My understanding is that Dr. silver has been working with CHAS' for a long time and he must have a good records and documenations about the saftey of CHAS' on animals in order to believe that CHAS' is safe .
    Dr. silver would you please explain about the safety of CHAS' and please correct me if i am wrong that you believe that CHAS' is safe (sorry if i am wrong about your safety statment , it was a while ago that i read that ). thanks