Page 80 of 287 FirstFirst ... 30707172737475767778798081828384858687888990130180 ... LastLast

Thread: ChinaSCINet Update

Dr Wise i am taken aback about your unaided walking observation. If i am correct you did not refer to the use of braces too.
    am i correct in saying the patients had an Asia A lesion. can you please expand for clearer clarification as to what level of injury were the patients observed prior this event. The gait in the picture looks so normal
    In other words could they have done it without cell treatment.

Originally Posted by Wise Young:

I cannot and will not release detailed information about outcomes in the midst of an ongoing clinical trial that is still collecting data. You will have to wait until we have collected all the information, analyzed it, and published that information. Please stop before you make me regret releasing any information to the community.

Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by peterf View Post
    Dr Wise i am taken aback about your unaided walking observation. If i am correct you did not refer to the use of braces too.
    am i correct in saying the patients had an Asia A lesion. can you please expand for clearer clarification as to what level of injury were the patients observed prior this event. The gait in the picture looks so normal
    In other words could they have done it without cell treatment.
    Asked and answered already...

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showpos...6&postcount=89

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showpos...&postcount=781

http://www.justadollarplease.org/

Hey, all the second-level links are broken on:

http://www.justadollarplease.org/

Also, there's no Facebook "share" button. I want to get my Facebook friends to contribute money, but I can't send them to a completely broken site.

Thanks ip, i'm on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post

Incidentally, people should not be too hard on Paolo Cipolla for raising questions about the decision because there will be much harsher critics of the decision in the months to come. There are many nihilists who believe that no therapy will work for chronic spinal cord injury or that only their therapy will work. For whatever reason that drives them, they will do everything that they can to undermine the effort to go forward to a trial to test therapies that they don't think will work. Our commitment is to find and test the best therapies, to go forward based on the best available evidence, and to conduct rigorous clinical trials. That is the way it should be.

Wise.
    Thanks for understanding Wise, as I said I am acting as a "devil advocate" so that what you presented can survive the criticism of scientists & clinicians in the field (being surrounded by "yes men" is not good IMO).

What you have presented in the last open house had many weak points IMO, so the nihilists have very easy time saying things you presented were not credibile.
    One more thing, for example:
    Around minute 43 of your talk you show a Diffusion Tensor Image of the first patient that was transplanted in HK and then you say that in many patients you are "seeing axons growing accross the gap"
    First I would suggest that if you claim that you should also show a DTI image that support what you are saying, otherwise you are asking people to have blind faith in your words. Ok let's see if in six month you can show these very interesting DTIs
    Second to my knoledge DTI can't show axons, but just a "mathematical riconstruction" of the image of the spinal cord were myelin is present i.e. tissue with white matter.

Paolo
    Last edited by paolocipolla; 06-11-2012 at 08:46 PM.
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    Thanks for understanding Wise, as I said I am acting as a "devil advocate" so that what you presented can survive the criticism of scientists & clinicians in the field (being surrounded by "yes men" is not good IMO).

What you have presented in the last open house had many weak points IMO, so the nihilists have very easy time saying things you presented were not credibile.
    Around minute 43 of your talk you show a Diffusion Tensor Image of the first patient that was transplanted in HK and then you say that in many patients you are "seeing axons growing accross the gap"
    First I would suggest that if you claim that you should also show a DTI image that support what you are saying, otherwise you are asking people to have blind faith in your words. Ok let's see if in six month you can show these very interesting DTIs
    Second to my knoledge DTI can't show axons, but just a "mathematical riconstruction" of the image of the spinal cord were myelin is present i.e. tissue with white matter.

Paolo
    What are your credentials? If your aim is to snipe at Dr. Young from here 'til October, you should probably let us know from whence the critiques come - lest we all buy into the naysaying of an md from the university of google.

Being surrounded by "yes men" is not good, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by rjg View Post
    What are your credentials? If your aim is to snipe at Dr. Young from here 'til October, you should probably let us know from whence the critiques come - lest we all buy into the naysaying of an md from the university of google.

Being surrounded by "yes men" is not good, imo.
    I said "one more thing" so that means I intend to stop my questionng about what has been said in the last open house

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

I said "one more thing" so that means I intend to stop my questionng about what has been said in the last open house

Paolo
    What if the july open house doesn't pass the google sniff test? Will you pipe up then?

It is sad that you consider yourself a "no man" these days. Funny role for a cure advocate, don't you think? Wise.

Paolo
    Last edited by Wise Young; 06-12-2012 at 03:11 AM.