Page 7 of 280 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast

Thread: ChinaSCINet Update

Thats what Im trying to find out @ keeping on, Buck nastier sadi that the clinical trials for dr wise you have to be in that county.. Im in the united states in folcroft..lol I want to be where dr wise is.
    And still I stand

Quote Originally Posted by Tetracyclone View Post
    Wise,

I just noticed your post from last week. The glitch sounds almost predictable. Yes, almost. Trudge, trudge, said the weary foot soldier.

My introduction to you occurred in July of 2008, 6 weeks after entering the Veteran's Hospital in Taichung, Taiwan. My husband brought me a print out of your article from the net, characterized as <no cure, but Better BETTER>. I was at that time so oblivious to the meaning of the word 'paralyzed' that I simply used the article as reenforcement of my deep optimism and faith.

There, I have introduced myself to you.

When the convoy of rubber-tyred gimps and gimpettes whines at you "WHEN, WHEN?" try flashing your best enigmatic smile. Or, consider using the old-fashioned contractor's rule of timing: Take the time you know a task will require, then multiply it by at least 2, 3 to be safe. How many subcontractors are involved? 2 out of three of them will cast inexplicable delays in your direction, yet still you will be required to concoct some explanation for your clients.

Trudge, trudge.
    tetracyclone,

Thanks. it is very frustrating for all of us. The team at Chinese University of Hong Kong worked very hard to be ready for the trial. Unfortunately, some issues relating to quality documentation arose and Stemcyte could not release the cells to us. We are working very hard to correct the issues so that the cells are compliant with FDA guidance concerning phase 1 cell products as soon as possible and can be released as soon as possible for the trial.

Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by PARASEXY View Post
    Thats what Im trying to find out @ keeping on, Buck nastier sadi that the clinical trials for dr wise you have to be in that county.. Im in the united states in folcroft..lol I want to be where dr wise is.
    parasexy,

The trials are starting in Hong Kong and China. We are hoping to start trials in the United States early next year. It is one of the reasons why it is essential that the cells meet all FDA guidance for cell products. The first place in the U.S. where the trial will be carried out will likely be Brackenridge Hospital in Austin, Texas. We are raising funds for that trial and hope to apply to the FDA for the permission to start the trial in the U.S. Later in 2011, we plan to start a multicenter trial involving 8 centers in the United States. As soon as I have information on that, I will post.

Wise.

Trial in other spot included within ChinaSCINet

Wise,

So there are many other spots within ChinaSCINet haven't heard any move. For example, other places in China, Taiwan, etc.

(1) I understood there are 3 different phases within the trial, but do we have a more clear or even detailed time frame for each phase?

(2) I'm not a professional, but what I heard was we originally will be using stem cell from ourself. Since we already take the path of using other's cell, what's so difficult about it? Wouldn't it be simply check for HLA-matchability and go? Please correct me if I'm wrong and excuse for my ignorant.

Thank you.

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by alex0922 View Post
    Wise,

So there are many other spots within ChinaSCINet haven't heard any move. For example, other places in China, Taiwan, etc.

(1) I understood there are 3 different phases within the trial, but do we have a more clear or even detailed time frame for each phase?

(2) I'm not a professional, but what I heard was we originally will be using stem cell from ourself. Since we already take the path of using other's cell, what's so difficult about it? Wouldn't it be simply check for HLA-matchability and go? Please correct me if I'm wrong and excuse for my ignorant.

Thank you.

Alex
    Alex,

The treatments being tested are umbilical cord blood and lithium. We have tested lithium and we are now beginning to test umbilical cord blood alone and with methylprednisolone and lithium, to show that the combination therapy can be safely given. After that we will test the combination therapy in large groups of patients in all the centers, including Tzu Chi hospitals in Taichung and the China Medical University..

The cells must be isolated from the blood for transplantation. We are doing the cell processing by the US FDA standards in the United States. We are not doing autologous cells. If you heard that, you may have mistaken us for somebody else. If you read some of the posts at the beginning of this topic, you will see the detailed trial plans.

Wise.

Wise.

Dr Young if combination therapy works in patients then how much it is possible that it will work in cases like me having compression fracture at L1 with loss of bladder bowel and sexual function?
    Can umbilical cord cells work in lower lumbar injuries with combination therapies or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Jawaid View Post
    Dr Young if combination therapy works in patients then how much it is possible that it will work in cases like me having compression fracture at L1 with loss of bladder bowel and sexual function?
    Can umbilical cord cells work in lower lumbar injuries with combination therapies or not?
    Jawaid,

We would have to do a trial with patients who have lower thoracolumbar injuries.

Wise.

A most encouraging post. Thank you for this. The R&D of spinal injury on so many forums is either minimal, or as more frequent, met with a measure of cynicism.

Great work Dr. Younglet's do this thing, because quite frankly, you are our only hope at this point. You are doing a wonderful job by moving these trial forward, and you are keeping this posted on every single detail.
    I love you Dr. W.

Thank you

Thank you Dr Young for all this, but especially for making the information so readily available.