Page 69 of 287 FirstFirst ... 19596061626364656667686970717273747576777879119169 ... LastLast

Thread: ChinaSCINet Update

Not taken that way at all

After watching the webcast of Wise at the Rutgers Open House, I felt much more optimistic regarding the direction of Dr. Young's trial. I just have a couple of questions for Dr. Young:

- Dr. Young, in your lecture, you were talking about the improvement of walking for the patients. What are your expectations for the hand and arm functions, and how are you going to measure and enhance improvement, particularly with quadriplegic patients?

- Also, what are your expectations for the patients in your trial regarding BB and sexual functions?

I ask these questions because I noticed that you were stressing more on walking VS other functions.

Again, I thank you so much for everything that you are doing, and I wish you and us the best of luck.

Rashad

Quote Originally Posted by sam i am View Post
    After watching the webcast of Wise at the Rutgers Open House, I felt much more optimistic regarding the direction of Dr. Young's trial. I just have a couple of questions for Dr. Young:

- Dr. Young, in your lecture, you were talking about the improvement of walking for the patients. What are your expectations for the hand and arm functions, and how are you going to measure and enhance improvement, particularly with quadriplegic patients?

- Also, what are your expectations for the patients in your trial regarding BB and sexual functions?

I ask these questions because I noticed that you were stressing more on walking VS other functions.

Again, I thank you so much for everything that you are doing, and I wish you and us the best of luck.

Rashad
    sam i am, what did dr wise talk about in the webcast ?

I was watching the april open house and heres some notes I took. I didnt finish watching the video yet but this was all said between 25-40 minutes. These aren't exact quotes from Dr.Wise but very close to what he was saying. This is really exciting hearing him talk about the patients progress and his plans for the future.

We are seeing some sensory recovery and we are also seeing some patients walk.
    (stage 1) sitting.
    (stage 2) standing and somebody holds their knees so they dont buckle.
    (stage 3) Usually after a week or 2 they are standing without somebody having to hold their knees.
    (stage 4) Then they start taking swinging steps and usually need somebody behind to pull and lock their knees when taking steps.
    (stage 5) Not needing help with their knees.
    A majority of patients are in stage 2 and 3. A few are in stage 4 and 5. Some patients from earlier groups are beginning to take steps and are in stage 4 or 5.

SCINet usa phase 2 trial hopefully starting this September starting with 20 patients.
    phase 3 trial in 2013 with 120 patients.

6 centers in India. 3 centers in Norway. Planning to do 60 patients a piece in each one of those
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    ex pro-am motocross racer
    tilite aero z s2

Quote Originally Posted by Wills77 View Post
    I was watching the april open house and here is some notes I took.

We are seeing some sensory recovery and we are also seeing some patients walk.
    (stage 1) sitting.
    (stage 2) standing and somebody holds their knees so they dont buckle.
    (stage 3) Usually after a week or 2 they are standing without somebody having to hold their knees.
    (stage 4) Then they start taking swinging steps and usually need somebody behind to pull and lock their knees when taking steps.
    (stage 5) Not needing help with their knees.

A majority of patients are in stage 2 and 3. A few are in stage 4 and 5. Some patients from earlier groups are beginning to take steps and are in stage 4 or 5.
    These are pretty much the stages of recovery we see on lots of patients that workout and do intense exercises but with no special treatments. Good rehabilitation is very important with sci.

I would like to add that these patients are in the most intensive walking program anywhere in the world. They are "walking" with as much assistance as necessary for 6 hrs a day, 6 days a week. Impressive recovery was seen in many patients prior to this trial. We need to see the data at 6/12 months before we jump to any conclusions.
    Last edited by Jim; 04-20-2012 at 07:45 PM.

They were all complete asia a?

Quote Originally Posted by sam i am View Post

Rashad
    Im with you in that one. I can live without walk, but not without hands/arms.
    -Ramps in buildings are necessary, but it would be usefull to have another ones for people (mind/heart).....

-Hoc non pereo habebo fortior me

Really some good recovery coming out from trial. I m sure this will increase as days go on.

Sorry guys but if we really are going to hear about credible improvement it will not be through internet forums