Page 67 of 288 FirstFirst ... 17575859606162636465666768697071727374757677117167 ... LastLast

Thread: ChinaSCINet Update

Nodecafplease, absoultely now; we need to open our computers one day and see a breakthough and a line of us at hospitalastot be part of a therapy.

Tuszynski has been making "nearly there" statements for over 10 years. He got sued by Will Ambler years ago for making claims and withholding potential treatments (according to Ambler).

Fact is, hemisection injury models used in rats are very poor predictors of efficacy in humans. My guess is any treatment that can restore even a very small amount of recovery for chronic humans is a generation, of not two generations away.

Even Tuszyski admits we ain't there yet. Do some research, this is not news.

I'll check in the end of 2012.

I suspect there are those who feel Wise is keeping them in the dark! As if with all the air miles, lectures, open houses and research, he's just going to pocket any discovery and giggle like a 5-year old that got away with stealing a cookie!
    And the truth shall set you free.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDecafPlz View Post
    I suspect there are those who feel Wise is keeping them in the dark! As if with all the air miles, lectures, open houses and research, he's just going to pocket any discovery and giggle like a 5-year old that got away with stealing a cookie!

I know what you are saying and don't believe that wise isn't doing everything he can. I keep faith and donate monetarily. That being said, I can't lie and say that it never crossed my mind that expectations of what the treatment can do maybe overstated... It just sounds so great and we have been somewhat kept in the dark about efficacy, safety data to date has been reported here though. I patiently wait and try my best not to pester. I never believed that wise is going to pocket any discovery and run or anything even close. He has always said that if this treatment is not beneficial, they won't just give up, they will try another promising therapy. And to keep me going there are many different approaches, one or more is going to hit in my opinion... There is wise, silver, invivo, miami project, stemcells inc, Neuralstem and many more... One or more is going to hit
    Last edited by lunasicc42; 04-17-2012 at 07:08 PM.
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Lunasicc, if I wasn't pointing you out, and you have no doubt, why respond?"

BTW, I get your avatar, I suppose that is to get a reaction?

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    I know what you are saying and don't believe that wise isn't doing everything he can. I keep faith and donate monetarily. That being said, I can't lie and say that it never crossed my mind that expectations of what the treatment can do maybe overstated... It just sounds so great and we have been somewhat kept in the dark about efficacy, safety data to date has been reported here though. I patiently wait and try my best not to pester. I never believed that wise is going to pocket any discovery and run or anything

nevermind then. I guess I was just unnecessarily stating my agreement with you... Saying what you really already said.
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeky View Post
    Tuszynski has been making "nearly there" statements for over 10 years. He got sued by Will Ambler years ago for making claims and withholding potential treatments (according to Ambler).

Fact is, hemisection injury models used in rats are very poor predictors of efficacy in humans. My guess is any treatment that can restore even a very small amount of recovery for chronic humans is a generation, of not two generations away.

Even Tuszyski admits we ain't there yet. Do some research, this is not news.

I'll check in the end of 2012.
    one or two generations away - very pessimistic Schmecky - as we're 53 I guess we're both out of luck

Ok, mea culpa. Sometimes either the internets ..or vodka, cause interference in translation.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDecafPlz View Post
    Is the soup done?
    Is the soup done?
    Is the soup done?
    Is the soup done?
    Is the soup done?
    Is the soup done?
    Is the soup done?
    Is the soup done?
    Is the soup done?
    Is the soup done?
    Is the soup done?
    Is the soup done?
    Is the soup done?
    Is the soup done?
    Is the soup done?
    Is the soup done?
    Is the soup done?
    Is the soup done?
    Yep, it's done now.

muskie says: "supposedly phase 2 April this year, phase 3 august 2013 give or take a couple of months"
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showpos...2&postcount=99

There's only 12 days left in April this year.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    Yep, it's done now.

muskie says: "supposedly phase 2 April this year, phase 3 august 2013 give or take a couple of months"
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showpos...2&postcount=99

There's only 12 days left in April this year.
    That may be what Muskie says, but it isn't what Wise said.

Wise plans on closing the China and HK trials at the end of April, and will start the Brackenridge trial after the last 6-month follow up exams.
    One can watch the Open Houses from Rutgers. There are many exciting developments in addition to this trial.

http://www.ustream.tv/user/SCIProject