Page 57 of 291 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667107157 ... LastLast

Thread: ChinaSCINet Update

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    We need to see a trend for improvement in the patients before we can proceed to phase 3 trials. Yes, some patients are getting some recovery but we have to confirm these on 6-week, 6-month, and 12-month followup examinations.

Wise.
    Interesting. When will the 1st handful of patient's 12-month follow up examination be? I've already forgotten when the first injections were...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie Walker View Post
    Dr. Wise,

Please give us some updates, is been a while ago now

Thanks in advance
    There have not been any significant changes in the chronic SCI trials to date. Hong Kong has done 8 patients to date and Kunming has done 18. There have been six adverse events so far, none directly due to the transplants. Some 12 month followup data is now available from the Hong Kong and the first of the 6 month followups from the Kunming study are becoming available at the beginning of March.

Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawaid View Post
    Dear Wise will you be attending 8th Asia Pacific Symposium on neural regeneration in April in Taiwan? I hope there will be more to know about progress for spinal injury. Then in May you are there in Xi'an. You will be surely deciding about ur upcoming trial with neural stem cells or may be some other source of stem cells.

Hope u will keep updated.
    Yes, I am attending both meetings. We will be listening carefully to what people report. Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawaid View Post
    Wise have u received grants for lumbosacral research which you are doing already?

You told me that hopefully u will be able to start trial for lumbosacral injury patients in 2013. So are you sure about that? Which combination therapy will be best for lumbosacral injuries along with neural cells?

I am sure you will be able to start trial some where in 2013 hopefully which is needed badly and also try ur best to participate foreign patients like me in trial too.
    The research is just starting. I don't know about the trial. It depends on what we find. Wise.

Jawaid, I also did not answer your answer about the lumbosacral injury studies. We applied to the Department of Defense spinal cord injury initiative for funding and we were not selected for the final group for funding. I am still trying hard to get the funding but have assigned a student to the project.

Wise.

It looks things are bit hard for you even in china wise. As u have started research at lumbosacral so within how much time you can give some feedback of ur research whether you getting some return or not?

Will u be able to start trial by the end of 2013 if everything goes well wise or hard to tell and start trial by that time?

Please wise try ur best for the participation of patients from other countries too in ur lumbosacral and next coming trial of scinetchina.

Wise if u dont get funding from deptt of defense then? Will u be able to continue lumbosacral research? How u will get funding then?
    It will be bit discouraging for me and others with lumbosacral injuries if you dont be able to continue research and start trial by the next year dear.

There have not been any significant changes in the chronic SCI trials to date. Hong Kong has done 8 patients to date and Kunming has done 18. There have been six adverse events so far, none directly due to the transplants. Some 12 month followup data is now available from the Hong Kong and the first of the 6 month followups from the Kunming study are becoming available at the beginning of March.

Wise.
    What kind of adverse events, if you may?

Wise.
    Thank's Doc 4 you replay
    keep (rolling) Walking

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

There have not been any significant changes in the chronic SCI trials to date.

Wise.
    umph