Page 51 of 280 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast

Thread: ChinaSCINet Update

Quote Originally Posted by twinkletoes View Post
    Dr.Wise do you think your trial or any research being done would be beneificial for someone whos suffered an ischemic sci?
    Twinkletoes,

I don't know. Much depends on the location of the ischemia. Note that the therapy that we are testing, i.e. umbiical cord blood cells and lithium treatment, is aimed at regenerating long tracts. If the ischemia damaged the neurons that the spinal tracts connect with, neuronal replacement will be necessary. We are working on that and I believe that there are several immunocompatiable neural stem cells that are approaching clinical trial. We are planning to test such therapies next.

Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    Jawaid,

As you know, if I knew an answer to your questions, I would be posting them right away. At the present, much work still needs to be done to develop methods to restore function to lumbosacral spinal cord injuries. We have started research in this area and we are investing our time and effort into adult sources of neural stem cells, derived from MUSE cells. We have applied for grants and started experiments in this area but have no results to report yet.

In the meantime, we are trying to finish our phase 2 UCBMC and lithium trials in China so that we can apply for and start the phase 3 trials in China, U.S., Norway, and possibly in India. Our trials will tell us by the end of 2012 whether UCBMC and lithium are likely to restore function to people with chronic spinal cord injury. If we see a favorable trend, we will of course go ahead to confirm this in a phase 3 trial. If not, we will say that it does not work and go ahead to study other cells and combination therapies.

Among the therapies that we are planning to test would be neural stem cell transplants into the lumbosacral cord to see if such transplants will restore lumbosacral neural circuits, reinnervate muscle, and restore sensory function. We are setting up a model of lumbosacral spinal cord injury in rats and working hard to isolate and characterize neural stem cells from various sources to test in the model. I can't predict how long this will take but I hope to have enough results to persuade my colleagues at ChinaSCINet to test such cells by the time the UCBMC+lithium trials are completed.

Wise.
    Wise,

I am so glad to hear all of the above updated news. In particular, when you said, "we are planning to test neural stem cell transplants into the lumbosacral cord to see if such transplants will restore lumbosacral neural circuits, reinnervate muscle, and restore sensory function." I would also like to know whether such translplants restore motor function as well.

Thank you so much for all that you do and have accomplished!!

Suzanne
    Suzanne

Yes Suzzane Wise is doing great work.

I hope he been able to start neural stem cell trial for lumbosacral injuries early 2013 and i am hoping he can put me in trial with his efforts. He is very loving person and i always follow him.

Wise are u thinking for using scaffolds in ur coming trial or not for lumbosacral injuries?
    What combinations can be best for lower injuries u r thinking?
    I hope something good comes from ur research soon which u have started on lumbosacral models. Waiting anxiousely

Good day Dr. Young,

It's been more than one year since you started your phase 2 clinical trials. So far, it seems to be safe but my question is: did you observe or see a favorable trend in functional improvement? Did any or some of the patients show any kind of improvement whether it is sensory,bb, sexual, or functional? Are the teams working with the patients still excited about the trial? I think it would be remarkable to see any kind of improvement and we still haven't begun putting the higher dosage in patients.

we really need to hear some good news.

Let's keep it real. If someone was up and walking we'd have heard about it. It's all good, there are some U.S companies that have started, that look very promising and have stocks and money as a goal behind their therapy. Sometimes money gets things moving and humans motivated.

Quote Originally Posted by sam i am View Post
    Good day Dr. Young,

It's been more than one year since you started your phase 2 clinical trials. So far, it seems to be safe but my question is: did you observe or see a favorable trend in functional improvement? Did any or some of the patients show any kind of improvement whether it is sensory,bb, sexual, or functional? Are the teams working with the patients still excited about the trial? I think it would be remarkable to see any kind of improvement and we still haven't begun putting the higher dosage in patients.

we really need to hear some good news.
    same questions

maybe the questions are too sharp.

Wise within how much time u will be giving some news from ur lab about ur ongoing research on lumbosacral injuries?

Any news Wise?

Nothing from u for some time now.

How trial is going and research on lumbosacral injuries?

Any updates please