Page 36 of 287 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738394041424344454686136 ... LastLast

Thread: ChinaSCINet Update

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Paddon View Post
    Wise, would you consider, if all went well, having a therapy go into 'general' use, for example the cord blood and lithium treatment you are testing now, while carrying on testing other therapies?

I think what I am thinking is that cord blood and lithium may treat some injuries very well and therefore it would be frustrating to hold it back while testing other treatments.
    Christopher,

If umbilical cord blood mononuclear cells UCBMC and lithium show any benefit, it will become the standard therapy. It UCBMC is effective, further clinical trials would compare new therapies against UCBMC+Li. We are of course now looking at the next set of therapies. It takes years to prepare therapies for trial. Believe me, I have no interest in holding back any therapy if data supports its use.

Wise.

When will we know?

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    Christopher,

If umbilical cord blood mononuclear cells UCBMC and lithium show any benefit, it will become the standard therapy. It UCBMC is effective, further clinical trials would compare new therapies against UCBMC+Li.

Wise.
    Dear Dr Young,

I'm sorry if you have already answered this question (I don't think you have recently), but when will you announce conclusions for the Phase I-II trials? I know you did not get as many subjects as planned in Hong Kong -- does this mean the trial results cannot be considered conclusive? Any news on the 400 subject Phase III trial in Kunming?
    Thanks in advance, Dr. Young. Your work keeps hope alive.

Hi Dr Wise:

we met in Phoenix, AZ in the last "Learning 2 Walk" seminar. I have an 11 year old son with incomplete SCI whose had a chronic damage for the last 3 years. You mentioned that Shriner's Philadelphia was going to start some "Stem Cell Clinical Trials" hopefully this year. Could you expand some more on which types of trials and how are things going with these trials, in case they've started already?

Also, how do these trials compare to the "Autologous Stem Cells for Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) in Children" being recruited in Houston right now?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rivera View Post
    Hi Dr Wise:

we met in Phoenix, AZ in the last "Learning 2 Walk" seminar. I have an 11 year old son with incomplete SCI whose had a chronic damage for the last 3 years. You mentioned that Shriner's Philadelphia was going to start some "Stem Cell Clinical Trials" hopefully this year. Could you expand some more on which types of trials and how are things going with these trials, in case they've started already?

Also, how do these trials compare to the "Autologous Stem Cells for Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) in Children" being recruited in Houston right now?

Thanks
    I think I posted in the wrong place. I'll just add to my question in the Clinical Trials Forum. I just hadn't seen Grammy's reply. Thanks

Hmmm things are quiet. Guess that's not a very good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Imight View Post
    Hmmm things are quiet. Guess that's not a very good sign.
    We are working hard recruiting patients to the Hong Kong trial. As a result of the publicity associated with our April fundraiser, we have received many enquiries from people with spinal cord injury to join the Hong Kong study. Our teams there are evaluating them. In the meantime, the first cell shipments are heading for Kunming and we hope to start the trial there soon.

Wise.

Wise, are there any indications that some feeling and function is returning at this early stage?

thanks - keeping my fingers and toes crossed

am I a bastard for thinking that the trials have been initiated long enough ago that we should know if umbilical cord blood + lithium + methyl should already be known if it's yielding positive results?
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

I thought the results of exercise could not possibly be known yet but I thought maybe some neurological changes could have been evident

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Paddon View Post
    I thought the results of exercise could not possibly be known yet but I thought maybe some neurological changes could have been evident
    true...?
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature