Thread: ChinaSCINet Update

Mize, I think you misunderstood my question. I mean if you go through with this therapy will it restore trunk and back function, how else can you walk unassisted.?
    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

I have wondered this too Allan.

From what I know recovery tends to progress from proximal so trunk improvement is often better than legs and quicker to respond. I know there's significant stim of trunk during transcutaneous stim and I think with implanted as well as subjects mention feeling the ab contractions as the stimulator is activated.
    T3-T7 complete since Sept 2015

i did'nt think you were going to have implants in this therapy.
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

So Jim, regarding the statuses of chinascinet and Scinetusa EXACTLY where are we concerning start dates? Whats the next steps and approx when?
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

And another thing I think we might have overplayed our hand or played ourselves back when we as a community kinda said that we didn't want to hear talk of Spinal cord injury trials, we just wanted to see the action and not hear the talk as was usual and as a result we got what we wanted and he has barely come around for like 2 years. I miss talking with him. I am talking about wise
    Last edited by lunasicc42; 03-27-2017 at 08:26 PM. Reason: clarification
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    So Jim, regarding the statuses of chinascinet and Scinetusa EXACTLY where are we concerning start dates? Whats the next steps and approx when?
    Here's a partial answer I think...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    The Phase II safety study was completed in ChinaSCINet, (28 subjects). Those results were used to apply for the upcoming Phase IIb trials in India, Taiwan, and the US. Will be 27 in US trial.
    We are hoping to start the US trial this fall.

Taiwan and India should start sooner.

At about a year (41‐87 weeks), WISCI and SCIM scores improved: 15/20 patients walked 10 m (p = 0.001) and 12/20 did not need assistance for bladder management (p = 0.001) or bowel management (p = 0.002). Five patients converted from complete to incomplete (two sensory, three motor; p = 0.038) SCI. We conclude that UCB-MNC transplants and locomotor training improved WISCI and SCIM scores. We propose further clinical trials.
    What are WISCI and SCIM scores?
    Thanks.

Jim, were you able to find out the lesion size limit for the trails that are going to take place in the USA?