Thread: ChinaSCINet Update

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcM View Post
    Hey jim, Key point here with the China clinical trial they incorporated the Kumming walking program six hours six days a week. Are they going to be continuing that protocol or something similar in America?
    Jim, is there any plan to use something like the ReWalk or another exoskeleton as a substitute for the walking program (correct me if I am wrong but that was literally having two people move your legs for you)

In general, the Chinese believe using those devices is like teaching people how to walk on the moon.

In the beginning, someone does have to move your legs and lock out your knees, but 15/20 progressed to stepping on their own. (2 of those 5 had to stop because of leg fractures. After reviewing x-rays it was determined they were there pre-injury fractures. Another had to stop walking because of a knee injury and swelling. Although the average was 7 years after injury, the others didn't experience problems related to osteoporosis.

We will attempt to do something similar here in the US but are open to other methods. The Chinese method seems effective but we will still search for something better. Wise recently visited a rehab center in Italy that seems to be the best overall rehab program in the world. The equipment and methods they use to exercise the entire body is incredible.

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    Any more information on this Italian rehab program ? the equipment and methods they use ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    In general, the Chinese believe using those devices is like teaching people how to walk on the moon.

In the beginning, someone does have to move your legs and lock out your knees, but 15/20 progressed to stepping on their own. (2 of those 5 had to stop because of leg fractures. After reviewing x-rays it was determined they were there pre-injury fractures. Another had to stop walking because of a knee injury and swelling. Although the average was 7 years after injury, the others didn't experience problems related to osteoporosis.

We will attempt to do something similar here in the US but are open to other methods. The Chinese method seems effective but we will still search for something better. Wise recently visited a rehab center in Italy that seems to be the best overall rehab program in the world. The equipment and methods they use to exercise the entire body is incredible.

Jim, in which town in Italy, because is near to me. I live in Athens, Greece.

Jim, do you know much about where the methodology of Centro Giusti came from? A lot of their equipment looks similar to what was used in the old Dikul centers. I looked into their equipment a few years ago when I was still working in NJ, but it never came together for our facility to purchase any of the equipment unfortunately.

Has there been any thoughts on when the training should start after the cells are implanted?

I suppose if its because of the cells then its not worth starting until they have started to do something? Or is this not how it works?

Thanks for sharing that Jim. Cool idea they have there. Still I wonder if that is bad on the PT's back? Too bad there isn't a device to be used to lock that knee in place on each step.

Thank you very much for your quick response, i ll look through it

I hope Chinascinet have more scientific evidences than Centro Giusti.... It's incredible that after 20 years approches to Sci are still the same....
    https://www.nextquotidiano.it/la-str...terapia-dikul/