Thread: ChinaSCINet Update

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    please touch on your thoughts about what benefit and when a person with a c456 injury could Possibly expect from this avenue
    We don't know for sure of course because we have not transplanted umbilical cord blood mononuclear cells (UCBMNC) into lesions that are longer than 2 segments. At the present, because we are transplanting the cells above and below the injury site through one laminectomy, the clinical trials are limited to people who have lesions that are less than 2 segments in length because lesions that are longer than 2 segments may require laminectomies exposing 3 or more segments. So, the surgical approach may have to be changed, i.e. two small laminectomies, and the transplantation procedure may have to be modified so that the cells are injected not only above and below the injury site but into the injury site as well.

Wise.

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    Hi Dr. Wise.
    Thank you for the update... good luck with your fantastic work.

Dr. Wise,
    Thank you too. We follow you, we wait and hope

Hello, Wise, I wish you good luck in your efforts and thank you. I couldn't access your paper with your link, unfortunately...Jan

Quote Originally Posted by FellowHawkeye View Post
    ... I couldn't access your paper with your link, unfortunately...Jan
    If you want to read the paper, you can find it by going to http://www.ingentaconnect.com/ and then searching for "Phase I-II Clinical Trial Assessing Safety and Efficacy of Umbilical Cord".

You could also search for papers authored by Wise Young.

[QUOTE=Jim;1815734]http://www.ingentaconnect.com/search...ize=10&index=1[/QUOT

Thanks, that worked!

I just glanced at the results section for the trial that was completed. Where is the video? I would like to see how well these people walk. Also, can they stand, or are they hooked up to some type of harnesses?

Quote Originally Posted by ouch View Post
    I just glanced at the results section for the trial that was completed. Where is the video? I would like to see how well these people walk. Also, can they stand, or are they hooked up to some type of harnesses?
    I too would love to see a video. It
    would give us all a great life . For there
    is only so much reading we can do . So come guys released a bit off video
    footage off the trials
    AS I SIT HERE IN MY CHAIR . I LOOK OUT UPON THE GROUND .I WONDER WILL I EVER GET UP AND WALK A ROUND ??

http://justadollarplease.org

Tbh the amount of silent time on chinascinet has led me to believe that the results are minimal. Of course I hope that my suspiscions are wrong but thats the feeling that I have been getting ...epi-stim has sounded more hopeful for what I am interested in ...arm function return and BBSF return .
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature