Thread: ChinaSCINet Update

Dr. Young, where can I find the published papers from phase 1 trial?
    Any archives or website link?

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    Leif, how are you? I am sorry that I have been out of touch lately. I have been very busy and can report the following. First, Stemcyte has made a firm commitment to fund the phase III trial. They have retained a global CRO (clinical research organization) to help us apply for the clinical trials (IND) in all the countries. Second, we have started SCINetIndia. A fundraiser will be held probably in April or May. There is a group of families working to raise the money for the trial in India. Third, we have been working very hard on standardizing the rehabilitation (walking training) of the subjects. This, as you know, is the most difficult and worrisome aspect of the phase III clinical trials. Fourth, I have met with two companies that will be providing specialized functional electrical stimulation and sensory activation devices to facilitate recovery of voluntary motor function in the phase III trial. One company has agreed to supply the devices and the other company is interested and waiting for a formal proposal from us.

I need to find a opening in my schedule to come to Norway with the CRO to see you and our doctor friends in Norway to get the trial application in. In am hoping that I can do this sometime in March or April.

Wise.
    Wise, I am okay, thanks for asking, likewise, I hope the same for you.

But it isn’t so cool, by some to say; that Norway is planning clinical trials on this.

I for one salute you on your SCI engagement. -As long it is sober and factual, and as a good doctor you really are.

And you are very welcome over here, anytime. And as a notice on that; do you believe you have/can say something at NoSCoS conference in September in Norway?

Cheers Leif

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    But it isn?t so cool, by some to say; that Norway is planning clinical trials on this.
    I've noticed that it is silent over here after Lief wrote this !
    keep (rolling) Walking

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie Walked View Post
    I've noticed that it is silent over here after Lief wrote this !
    I find that its too silent in general for a update sticky thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    Wise, I am okay, thanks for asking, likewise, I hope the same for you.

But it isn?t so cool, by some to say; that Norway is planning clinical trials on this.

I for one salute you on your SCI engagement. -As long it is sober and factual, and as a good doctor you really are.

And you are very welcome over here, anytime. And as a notice on that; do you believe you have/can say something at NoSCoS conference in September in Norway?

Cheers Leif
    I will try to come. Will write to you. Wise.

Dr. Young are you having trouble finding the facilities in other countries capable of facilitating the Kumming walking program?

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    I will try to come. Will write to you. Wise.
    10-4

Dr. Young could you give us an update on what's going on in your trial? Haven't had an update in a while, when will your work be published?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcM View Post
    Dr. Young are you having trouble finding the facilities in other countries capable of facilitating the Kumming walking program?
    There are not many facilities that do intensive overground walking of people with complete spinal cord injury. I am talking to most of them. Wise.