Thread: ChinaSCINet Update

Hi Dr Young and Jim,
    Exciting news. A question that is somewhat related – every Christmas I would ask friends and family to give to "just a dollar a day" for the US TRIALS – I know that this has been suspended or perhaps is no longer the vehicle for raising funds. However, I would like to share some positive information with people who stuck by me for those years and supported the research (they asked during the holidays). Any thoughts on the final tally and how this helped accelerated the process?

man getting a paper submitted and published sounds like a pain in the ass, I salute your efforts
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

To my knowledge, just-a-dollar is still active and hoping for more funding. Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz19 View Post
    Hi Dr Young and Jim,
    Exciting news. A question that is somewhat related ? every Christmas I would ask friends and family to give to "just a dollar a day" for the US TRIALS ? I know that this has been suspended or perhaps is no longer the vehicle for raising funds. However, I would like to share some positive information with people who stuck by me for those years and supported the research (they asked during the holidays). Any thoughts on the final tally and how this helped accelerated the process?

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    you are right, possible treatment. Nothing is a possible cure, I think the name of this forum should be changed and i will stop using the word cure. So should everyone else.
    I realize that you might be sarcastic but let me take the opportunity to suggest that "cure" is not a destination. It is a journey. Also, I want to say that we are seriously considering expanding our trial to Australia and New Zealand.

Wise.

What are considered the road blocks to normalcy? Not saying i or anyone should expect to be "back to normal" but if a spinal cord is shown to be able to be restored, what exactly prevents it from ever becoming "normal"?

Please consider trials in Singapore too. Just a desperate plea. Hope all goes well for phase 3 trials.

Are there any treatment centers that offer treatment similar to the current productive trials? Is Panama similar? I appreciate the science but I don't like the idea of wasting my life hoping for acceptance into a trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric.S View Post
    What are considered the road blocks to normalcy? Not saying i or anyone should expect to be "back to normal" but if a spinal cord is shown to be able to be restored, what exactly prevents it from ever becoming "normal"?

I am always wondering that too . If I could walk, use my arms and have sensation ,BBSF ...that is more than enough for me ...at the same time I could see the reason for some secrecy to ensure possible publication
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by fti View Post
    To be clear, Tongren Hospital is not offering cell injections.