Thread: ChinaSCINet Update

Wise anything to share about lumbosacral studies or still take much time

I think Jawaid has deserved his own sticky lumbosacral injury questions thread.
    Debating on CareCure is like participating in the special-olympics. You may win, but you're still disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by void View Post
    I think Jawaid has deserved his own sticky lumbosacral injury questions thread.
    Loool that just made my day. I've only been on here a few months. To be fair I would do the same if I had a L/S injury, and I'm sure we would too if these studies were solely based on lumbosacral regeneration, as opposed to cervical/thoracic

I'm sure there will be a fix for that too. I don't know if this is true or not, but alot of lumbosacral injured people tend to be incomplete with recovered function, compared to thoracic and cervical completes. Atleast in my experience at an SCI rehab centre where I was, where a couple of gunshot victim SCI (lumbosacral) recovered a fair amount. A couple took a few years, and a young lad I met got more movement day by day. I'm sure I could be wrong, would be interesting to find out some statistics!

Would it be fair to say that we are unlikely to see the Phase II publications this year? (

Taymas thank you for understanding and your concerns.

Many CC friends are bit hard in language so i dont replt mostly. Wise replies everytime i ask questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawaid View Post
    Taymas thank you for understanding and your concerns.

Many CC friends are bit hard in language so i dont replt mostly. Wise replies everytime i ask questions.
    I'm sure they don't mean it in a bad way. No matter what our injuries may be, we all have at least something in common. And I feel sure that there will be something to fix us soon. Even if not in our lifetime, I hope no one goes through what we have been through. Some fair better, some worse. What can we do? Life goes on. And it's the hardest part when some of us (atleast me), see people around us move on, but we are stuck in the same loop.

Inshallah there will be something for everyone.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Jawaid View Post
    Wise anything to share about lumbosacral studies or still take much time
    Jawaid, we are still working on it. We have shown that neural stem cells will survive for many weeks when transplanted into the lumbosacral spinal cord but they are not making motoneurons. So, we are now treating the cells with various chemicals to see if they will produce motoneurons. Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    Jawaid, we are still working on it. We have shown that neural stem cells will survive for many weeks when transplanted into the lumbosacral spinal cord but they are not making motoneurons. So, we are now treating the cells with various chemicals to see if they will produce motoneurons. Wise.
    Great news Doc! The fact that you're trying. Any news about publication at all for the Phase II and upcoming Phase III?

Quote Originally Posted by taymas View Post
    Loool that just made my day. I've only been on here a few months. To be fair I would do the same if I had a L/S injury, and I'm sure we would too if these studies were solely based on lumbosacral regeneration, as opposed to cervical/thoracic

I'm sure there will be a fix for that too. I don't know if this is true or not, but alot of lumbosacral injured people tend to be incomplete with recovered function, compared to thoracic and cervical completes. Atleast in my experience at an SCI rehab centre where I was, where a couple of gunshot victim SCI (lumbosacral) recovered a fair amount. A couple took a few years, and a young lad I met got more movement day by day. I'm sure I could be wrong, would be interesting to find out some statistics!

Would it be fair to say that we are unlikely to see the Phase II publications this year? (
    We are still working on getting the papers published. The publication will not be in 2014. Wise.

I noticed Dr. Silver's paper was submitted for review in July and was just published in the Jornal Nature this past week... just wondering why Dr. Young's paper is not yet published...
    Last edited by okwjoe; 12-06-2014 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    We are still working on getting the papers published. The publication will not be in 2014. Wise.
    I'm going to take it that, that means it will push trials back. Also I guess I am supposed to be excited the Dr. Silvers stuff is getting good results in rats. GREAT! At 7 years post I am starting to see more into the future and it doesn't look any better than seven years ago. Damn its frustrating.