Thread: ChinaSCINet Update

Ali Ingersoll's experience with lithium:
    http://chinaquaddiaries.org/?s=lithium

While im sorry she didn't have a good experience with Lithium, in my situation in constant pain it's worth a shot. My only concern with what she said was about the pressure sore. Jim did you see were any of the patients had any greater skin sensitivity? Or had skin breakdowns?

For clarity, Allie was not in the clinical trial.

In CN102a: Phase II Lithium Trial, nausea was reported by some in the beginning but subsided over time. I do believe 2 friends dropped out early on because of the nausea.

I don't know of any reports of skin sensitivity or breakdown and there were no severe adverse events.

Paper is attached.

Nature:Lithium.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    For clarity, Allie was not in the clinical trial.

In CN102a: Phase II Lithium Trial, nausea was reported by some in the beginning but subsided over time. I do believe 2 friends dropped out early on because of the nausea.

I don't know of any reports of skin sensitivity or breakdown and there were no severe adverse events.

Paper is attached.

Nature:Lithium.pdf
    Her reports remain very interesting. I wish all people in the trial would blog their experience.

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Lithium can be toxic if taking too much. The recommendation is to get a blood test 1 week into taking lithium then adjust up or down to get to the correct blood serum level. Don't recall what is the correct level at this point. Wise knows and posted about 5 years ago.

A sudden Lithium hype? The trials have not conclude anything yet, hopefully no one get overdosed by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyran21 View Post
    A sudden Lithium hype? The trials have not conclude anything yet, hopefully no one get overdosed by it.
    I know what you mean

Alot of us are limited by pain. I've met paraplegics who say they don't feel any neuropathic burning, stinging, stabbing or shooting pain. It's a real downer for me, as I feel like I could have done so much more if it were not only for the horrible pain, but the EFFECTS of Lyrical/Pregabalin (600mg a day), Neurontin/Gabapentin (useless at even 1600mg or so a day), Amytriptyline (yes, for nerve pain funnily enough! Up to 50mg, some people take more). This is typically a daily dosage ( note, you MUST NOT take Pregabalin(Lyrics) and Gabapentin(Neurontin) at the same time. Ever. Apparently. Lol

Aaaannnd others as needed such as oxynorm/oxycodone, oxycontin, codeine, paracetamol, tramadol, ibuprofen... I'm sure there are more (don't take anything until approved by your qualified and relevant doctor/consultant... I don't want to have a law suit, laa dee daa)

You guys get the point. As a 20 year old I want to move on but am limited by pain and drugs. Some others are not (at least not to the same extent, and I'm sure there are plenty that are worse off)

The hype is over solving most of the above. Lithium carbonate is already prescribed by a doctor... Except not for neuropathic pain, but for bipolarism. (Sorry if this isn't the correct term)

The hype is that it's already available, and just need to prove or disprove that it's useful for treating pain.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by 6 Shooter View Post
    Lithium can be toxic if taking too much. The recommendation is to get a blood test 1 week into taking lithium then adjust up or down to get to the correct blood serum level. Don't recall what is the correct level at this point. Wise knows and posted about 5 years ago.
    I am not going to post the method to take lithium because it should only be prescribed and monitored by an experienced Dr. I will say that in the clinical trial, blood levels are tested after 3 days.

If I was suffering with severe neuropathic pain and nothing else worked, I would look for a experienced Dr to prescribe and monitor. It's worth a shot, especially because you only have to take for 6 weeks.

I don't recall the breakdown of paras/quads but there were several quads in the trial.

"Involuntary walking," isn't accurate because the subjects must initiate stepping. Once they get going it becomes somewhat involuntary in a rhythm/flow sense but I wouldn't describe it as involuntary.

Attached is a graphic of the Kunming Locomotor Scale so you have an idea what the rolling walker looks like and what the different stages are. The person in the graphic was not a subject in the trial.

Attachment 55582

where did you find this image? is it from this clinical trials?

There are 2 trials.

CN302 Lithium for Neuropathic Pain
    As the CN102a study suggested the effect, this trial is to evaluate the efficacy of lithium in treating neuropathic pain in patients with spinal cord injury. This trial is ongoing and 1/2 of the subjects are reporting that their pain is gone.

CN102b_KM: UCBMC Transplant with Rehabilitation Trial 15 of the 20 subjects in this trial are able to walk using a upper body supporting rolling walker. 2 of the 15 are able to walk using a four point walker. Bowel and bladder improvement has also been reported. A phase III clinical trial is now being planned for mid 2015 in China, India, US, & Norway-

Attachment 55793

so in this image you show as that the phase 3 will started at mid 2015 and it will takes 2 and half years? and then we will remain for the next papers and all this one year minimun???