Thread: ChinaSCINet Update

I wish for BBS return anyday !

None of the patients have received Cells and untethering yet, right? Thats the plan from here on out though?
    Was spasticity observed before and after in these patients? Did any of them have spasms that would impede on the walking program?

Yea I'm just hoping it will help with the pain. Man I would give anything not to have to take this Lyrica another damn day. All I wont is a chance. A chance to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by #LHB# View Post
    Yea I'm just hoping it will help with the pain. Man I would give anything not to have to take this Lyrica another damn day. All I wont is a chance. A chance to get better.
    We are doing a trial with a 6-week course of lithium, a double-blind randomized placebo-controlled trial. Although the trial is still blinded, half of the subjects in the trial has had significant decrease in their neuropathic pain. Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    We are doing a trial with a 6-week course of lithium, a double-blind randomized placebo-controlled trial. Although the trial is still blinded, half of the subjects in the trial has had significant decrease in their neuropathic pain. Wise.
    That's great Dr. Wise. If it works well in reducing pain you will never know how much you have effected the life of the people living with chronic pain. Thank you sincerely. When will the trial be done and be available?

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    Is the lithium supplied orally and have there been motor returns?
    "Would you rather reduce deficits and interest rates by raising revenue from those who are not now paying their fair share, or would you rather accept larger budget deficits, higher interest rates, and higher unemployment? And I think I know your answer." Ronald Reagan"

Lithium is taken orally for 6 weeks, no substantial motor return has been observed.

Pain does not return after lithium is stopped.

thanks jim, are there any motor returns at all?
    "Would you rather reduce deficits and interest rates by raising revenue from those who are not now paying their fair share, or would you rather accept larger budget deficits, higher interest rates, and higher unemployment? And I think I know your answer." Ronald Reagan"

Minimal return.

If you think about it, motor return will probably require intense training of each muscle in order to rebuild the muscle itself and reestablish a 'connection.'
    Last edited by Jim; 09-20-2014 at 07:32 PM.

so the trial showed no motor return? thats disappointing.