Thread: ChinaSCINet Update

I can feel Dr.Wise will figure out how to fulfill his life dedication,
    challenge and change SCI perspective and help us after all.
    Problem for Dr. Wise and for us will be unchanged perspective
    of the whole world that is playing money game on everything and
    through that prism is looking @ his incomparable, heroic effort.
    Hope he will figure out funding for all future projects.
    Good Luck to him & Good Luck to us!
    www.MiracleofWalk.com

Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary
    to what we know about nature
    Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Data analysis is complete. It is an enormous amount of data including videos of every exam of every subject.

Wise can comment on the rest, he is out of town though.
    I can only imagine the dozens or maybe hundred of hours he spent in these analysis.
    Last edited by Marcus; 08-02-2014 at 10:53 AM.

dr.wise young
    i would like to pay for your treatment in china as soon as possible so it doesn't cost your organization anything ,if you could tell me what it costs including all physical therapy,before and after treatment. I've suffered from a contusion of my t-11 followed by ascending eschema to my t-5 since June 2000 ,seems to be blood flow blockage causing my paralysis.if that's currently my injury then I think I could benefit from your treatment . thank you dan sheean [olivefarms@copper.net 530-620-2768]

Quote Originally Posted by dan#3 View Post
    dr.wise young
    i would like to pay for your treatment in china as soon as possible so it doesn't cost your organization anything ,if you could tell me what it costs including all physical therapy,before and after treatment. I've suffered from a contusion of my t-11 followed by ascending eschema to my t-5 since June 2000 ,seems to be blood flow blockage causing my paralysis.if that's currently my injury then I think I could benefit from your treatment . thank you dan sheean [olivefarms@copper.net 530-620-2768]
    Dan if you can get any information of paying for it and getting the treatment let me know too, wish we could all just pay for it and have the money go towards Wise's continued research

This therapy won't be available to all until it is approved by, I believe, the Chinese Ministry of Health and the US FDA.

Jim when to hear some breaking news for lumbosacral injury patients from u or wise?

This therapy won't be available to all until it is approved by, I believe, the Chinese Ministry of Health and the US FDA.
    Jim,
    What are the chances of the Chinese Ministry passing it and not the FDA? Just curious

Jawaid, our lab is working very hard on it.

jfreg, I really don't have enough experience to answer.

Jawaid, our lab is working very hard on it.

jfreg, I really don't have enough experience to answer.
    Thanks Jim, just curious as it seems here in the USA we have such a skeptical group I was curious if you hear anything or somebody knows anything about the distinction between both groups. Again thank you Jim for all you do on here..

Quote Originally Posted by dan#3 View Post
    dr.wise young
    Dan,

Patients are not permitted to pay for experimental therapies that have not yet been approved by the relevant governmental agencies, e.g. the FDA in the U.S. and the EMA in Europe. So, one cannot pay for participation in a clinical trial. The clinical trials are essential for obtaining evidence of safety and efficacy so that the treatment can be approved by the regulatory agencies, so that doctors can apply and insurance can pay for the therapy. On the other hand, it is possible to companies to apply for "expanded use access" to the therapy, as long as the expanded use does not interfere with the phase III trials needed to demonstrate the safety and efficacy of the therapy. Originally called "compassionate use" therapy, the expanded use access program allows companies to apply to allow patients to pay cost of the treatment that has been shown to be safe and has some promise but have not yet been approved. The treatment must be applied by qualified doctors, there should be no alternate therapy, and the condition must be serious (i.e. life-threatening or severely disabling). I have proposed to Stemcyte (the company providing the umbilical cord blood mononuclear cells) that they apply for expanded use access after the phase III trial starts in 2015. I am working closely with the company to help them expand the production of the cells so that it can treat thousands of people. So far, the company has provided several hundred units of umbilical cord blood for the clinical trials.

Wise.