Thread: ChinaSCINet Update

Yas, perhaps they don't know enough about UCB to say anything. This will change when our work is published. Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Yas View Post
    Jim, my question is, if UCB research is so promising, how come we can't find any promising statements on the Christopher and Dana Reeves foundation website? that's all I could find on it about UCB

http://www.christopherreeve.org/atf/...anking8-13.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by tomsonite View Post
    I thought the last time a video of an open house was streamed, people doubted/misinterpreted what Wise was saying and started attacking him and his research...perhaps this is what they want to avoid. Once the research is published we'll know everything we need to know anyway.
    tomsonite, let me explain what happened. We have been holding Open Houses since 1997, every month for almost 18 years. Families with spinal cord injury gather to hear about spinal cord injury research, to ask questions, and to discuss how they can help. Our goal is not fundraising. Usually 6-12 families would come. Last year, we experimented with web broadcasts of our Open Houses because some people said that they could not come but would like to attend via Internet. Although I don't like having internet audiences that I cannot see, I agreed to try it. Relatively few people attended and some people used the posted videos to take what I said out of context and attack me. More important, I felt that the presence of the internet audience interfered with frank and open discussions that we have always had in our Open Houses. So, I decided to stop the web broadcasts. People are very welcome to come to our Open Houses.

Wise.

...at this stage we are getting a bit skeptical about the phase two results, and about the starting of the phase three. This seems to be just a fantasy everybody is talking about. When we first heard about it gave us hope and joy, but now it seems like believing in a fairy tale. I hope I'm wrong but I think that we need some encouraging by seeing some proof that the phase two trial did really have those magnificent results... Just to see some evidence and that will help us not loose all our optimism...please don't get me wrong. Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Silvio GS View Post
    ...at this stage we are getting a bit skeptical about the phase two results, and about the starting of the phase three.
    I'm curious who we are. If you mean all SCIs, don't include me. I'm happy to have anyone dedicate their life to finding a cure. He can tell me the results whenever he is ready.

Quote Originally Posted by khmorgan View Post
    I'm curious who we are. If you mean all SCIs, don't include me. I'm happy to have anyone dedicate their life to finding a cure. He can tell me the results whenever he is ready.
    I totally agree ! Please Silvio don't say we, say i instead, because you are just representing yourself and few other "let's-swallow-this-gun" minded people; most sci survivor I know are just happy to find someone like Dr Young, dedicated to find a cure for them and explain them what's up on this forum. This is a great chance for US to have him !
    If you don't feel like supporting a cure, don't write on this forum, just take a Xanax !

Quote Originally Posted by Yas View Post
    Jim, my question is, if UCB research is so promising, how come we can't find any promising statements on the Christopher and Dana Reeves foundation website? that's all I could find on it about UCB

http://www.christopherreeve.org/atf/...anking8-13.pdf
    Yas,

here you can find the answer to your question:

http://www.spinalcordinjury-paralysi...ack_list_lmt=9

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Quote Originally Posted by khmorgan View Post
    Sorry to anybody that felt offended by my post or when I said we. Of course not everybody thinks like me, and I should've specify it before, my mistake.
    What we means is me, my family and friends who follow this forum and there must be others who think the same. I definitely didn't mean all SCI's and I definitely didn't mean to include you. I never doubted dr. Young's work and total dedication in SCI research, but at some point I need an impulse to show me that I need to stay positive regarding a SCI treatment. You said you're happy with just knowing there is someone working hard, but I'd say you'd be happier seeing some facts.

Quote Originally Posted by spinedoctor View Post
    I totally agree ! Please Silvio don't say we, say i instead, because you are just representing yourself and few other "let's-swallow-this-gun" minded people; most sci survivor I know are just happy to find someone like Dr Young, dedicated to find a cure for them and explain them what's up on this forum. This is a great chance for US to have him !
    If you don't feel like supporting a cure, don't write on this forum, just take a Xanax !
    Xanax? No, thanks. That's a good one. I had to google it up and see what's that. I never had the need for any drugs to improve my mood because beside being disabled I have a pretty normal life and I'm happy enough. But this doesn't discard that I want to improve my condition or having a huge interest in finding a cure. I believe that this is a place where you can express your thoughts and of course I do feel like supporting a cure. And if you need drugs to keep you relaxed, keep taking it, but don't tell me to take a Xanax because I'm calm enough. For me you make this forum look like a cult, where the adepts defend their leader from people like me who has something else to say. Even if I say that I would like to see some facts, doesn't mean I don't trust Dr. Young's work, or appreciate his involvement and huge efforts to bring us a cure, knowing that he will finally succeed. So relax Spinedoctor, Xanax?

Wise--Could you give a status report as to where you are on the paperwork process, such as data analysis from Phase II complete? Papers written and completed in preparation to sending to a respected journal? Your paper has been submitted to a respected journal? Paper prepared and sent to the FDA for phase III? And, what does the timeline look like for the rest of 2014 and into 2016 if all works out as hoped for?

"spinedoctor", personal comments like that are unnecessary and detract from the conversation, please stop.