Thread: ChinaSCINet Update

Would just be nice to have the most up to date stuff documented in a video. Much easier than trying to piece together info on the forum. Dont get me wrong, I love being able to get the info here too. Oh well. Hopefully next year I have the funds and means of transportation to attend the open house.

Exactly. Travel isn't exactly easy for most of us. A video seems like a no-brainer, especially if fundraising is still a priority.

I thought the last time a video of an open house was streamed, people doubted/misinterpreted what Wise was saying and started attacking him and his research...perhaps this is what they want to avoid. Once the research is published we'll know everything we need to know anyway.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tomsonite View Post
    I thought the last time a video of an open house was streamed, people doubted/misinterpreted what Wise was saying and started attacking him and his research...perhaps this is what they want to avoid. Once the research is published we'll know everything we need to know anyway.
    Just a few more years.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrington314mx View Post
    Would just be nice to have the most up to date stuff documented in a video. Much easier than trying to piece together info on the forum. Dont get me wrong, I love being able to get the info here too. Oh well. Hopefully next year I have the funds and means of transportation to attend the open house.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaper1 View Post
    Exactly. Travel isn't exactly easy for most of us. A video seems like a no-brainer, especially if fundraising is still a priority.
    I understand, especially because many of you are regular donors, and/or like Barb, have worked hard raising funds for these clinical trials. We would love to share the Open House with you all but we just can't put unpublished trial results on video. I know it seems like this is taking forever but Dr. Young is making sure everything is done correctly. Thanks for being patient, if you have any questions, PM me.

Jim

Jim, my question is, if UCB research is so promising, how come we can't find any promising statements on the Christopher and Dana Reeves foundation website? that's all I could find on it about UCB

http://www.christopherreeve.org/atf/...anking8-13.pdf

Yas, although the (unpublished) results of the ChinaSCINet Phase II are very promising it is important to remember that this was a safety study in a small number of subjects. These results must be confirmed in many subjects in double-blind phase III.

Dr. Wise has to play it very close to the vest and adhere to whatever protocols necessary because of the amount of scrutiny that is placed on his work. Stem cell research has been plagued by false claims and media trashing in the past. My thought is he is very aware of this and if the research is going to be taken seriously it has to be done by the book, which means we must wait for the by the book answers. Stem cell talk, in the paralyzed community creates the biggest stir of any subject.

Jim[
    /QUOTE] You say about unpublished results on the video .What most of us here would like to see is a video of any results. surely if one was up walking or moving their legs by themselves, would this not be reliable evidence that the work dr.wise is doing is working? therefore why would it have to be published in paper? .For we don't need the manual at this minute in time for the proof is there for us all to see. so what I am trying to say is, we all have computers and cars at home and most of us don't care how they work.
    AS I SIT HERE IN MY CHAIR . I LOOK OUT UPON THE GROUND .I WONDER WILL I EVER GET UP AND WALK A ROUND ??

http://justadollarplease.org

Quote Originally Posted by skeaman View Post
    Jim[
    /QUOTE] You say about unpublished results on the video .What most of us here would like to see is a video of any results. surely if one was up walking or moving their legs by themselves, would this not be reliable evidence that the work dr.wise is doing is working? therefore why would it have to be published in paper? .For we don't need the manual at this minute in time for the proof is there for us all to see. so what I am trying to say is, we all have computers and cars at home and most of us don't care how they work.
    skeaman,

Our goal is to get the paper published in the best journal possible. While journals allow scientists to talk and present their results are scientific meetings, they understandably will not accept papers where the data has been published on the internet, particularly graphic figures that are being submitted for publication. So, we have to be careful that we don't present this material in this or other web sites. In fact, some people are capturing pictures of my slides on videos and reproducing them on internet. I have to be careful not to jeopardize publication of the work in the best scientific journals.

Wise.