Thread: ChinaSCINet Update

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    Jim, do you know when we can expect wise to be able to come online and give us an update ? He must be working very hard to be AWOL for so long
    Was on here but didnt answer to that, hopefully no news is GOOD news

Quote Originally Posted by allenstevens View Post
    Was on here but didnt answer to that, hopefully no news is GOOD news
    Yes ,but the wait is excruciating
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

If I have seemed AWOL over the past few months, it is mostly because I have been very busy analyzing data, writing papers, raising funds, and organizing phase III trials of umbilical cord blood mononuclear cells and lithium treatment of chronic spinal cord injury in multiple countries. In the meantime, we are continuing clinical trials of umbilical cord blood mononuclear cell therapy of subacute spinal cord injury (https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/...ic+pain&rank=1) and chronic stroke (http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/N...+stroke&rank=3), and lithium treatment of neuropathic pain in spinal cord injury (https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/...ic+pain&rank=1).

The news is good in that all the findings that I have talked about to date seem to be confirmed by further detailed analyses of the data. We are also gaining new insights into the mechanisms of recovery and this is helping us design the upcoming clinical trial. Finally, we are hoping that the papers will be accepted and published.

Wise.

Wise does this mean that you are planning another Phase and this won't be made available to SCI in 2015?

I believe he's trying to make the phase 3 trial available by the end of 2014, at least he and Jim have said that multiple times.

Let me rephrase that

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcM View Post
    I believe he's trying to make the phase 3 trial available by the end of 2014, at least he and Jim have said that multiple times.

I thought Phase III was started in 2013- I guess what I was asking is I have read if this Phase were to go good Professor Wise was going to pursue to push it out to be made available to SCI with trying for a "compassionate use".. I thought after this third Phase was completed that it would be proven?

Dr Young.
    I remember you saying that you wanted to use the bioness for hand function this upcoming trial. Did you ever get that strait or did you decide not to use it? Also I guess your using that because its harder to retrain fine motor than your walking gait. Are you going to incorporate the locomat into your next phase also?

Will these patients be re-evaluated after 2 years from treatment?

Can someone remind me, what was the date of the final patients treatment?

Is this something new that hasn't been talked about on these forums yet?