Thread: ChinaSCINet Update

jferg, send me your email and I will put you on my clinical trial eBulletin notification list- jimbenn@rutgers.edu

James, your first two sentences tell me you have some writing talent, you should use that. But what I mainly want to remind you of is that there are dozens of labs around the world working on therapies, from many different directions. Who knows when someone will announce something. Look at the epidural stimulation announcement a couple of months ago. There are things going on you never read about. Surely FDA approval and technique development would be much faster for some of these. Meanwhile, you have Wise's trials showing regenerating white matter down the spine. The importance of that can't be overstated. My son is in much your same situation. I understand a bit about how you feel but I doubt I could ever quite feel the depth of frustration without being a quad myself. Still...hang in there.

Quote Originally Posted by dukevanwillem View Post
    James, your first two sentences tell me you have some writing talent, you should use that. But what I mainly want to remind you of is that there are dozens of labs around the world working on therapies, from many different directions. Who knows when someone will announce something. Look at the epidural stimulation announcement a couple of months ago. There are things going on you never read about. Surely FDA approval and technique development would be much faster for some of these. Meanwhile, you have Wise's trials showing regenerating white matter down the spine. The importance of that can't be overstated. My son is in much your same situation. I understand a bit about how you feel but I doubt I could ever quite feel the depth of frustration without being a quad myself. Still...hang in there.
    Thank you, and yes I can write a bit and being newly paralyzed I read over and over others frustrations of the waiting and I feel their pain and I see so many lost with hopelessness and I too don't want to be one of those people. I believe in the bodies power to heal it's self among other things but also know from my past work history what kind of difficult red tape the government does pose. I also know that our current president of the FDA I would not trust raising a hamster as he is affiliated with Monsanto which is a whole other post in its self. I do feel that maybe we need to be voice, when I got my first letter back from the President of the United States he starts out saying how moving my story was and finishes with how much money he has put towards drugs and cancer research.. I took a deep breath and considered thee audience. I believe we need to start somewhere anywhere and start restoring hope to so many who have lost it. And if there is anything I could personally do then I would like the chance. I would hate to see us treated as mushroom's as I think we are owed that after. I could totally see another country landing the cure and our bureaucracy putting a halt to offering it here for many reasons such as money, and other legalities. I do have a friend who worked in spinal cord research before she became a doctor for many years and she had filled me in the long road these scientist have to travel to even get a head turned let alone funding. We are also a small community compared to many other health ailments and with there being few things to patent and get rich on we lack funds and education.

Quote Originally Posted by east dragon View Post
    This group is not associated with ChinaSCINet.

Jim, do you know when we can expect wise to be able to come online and give us an update ? He must be working very hard to be AWOL for so long
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

H will be in tomorrow, I'll ask.

Dear Professor Wise,

In this recent article (http://medicalxpress.com/news/2014-0...yzed-rats.html) , summing up a publication from Science, researchers from Zurich (including Pr. Schwab that was so far pursuing clinical trials testing Nogo inhibition) seem to consider that “Only if the timing, dosage and kind of rehabilitation are right can motor functions make an almost full recovery after a large stroke.”

In your trials, do you also consider “timing” and “sequence” as such important issues ?

Quote Originally Posted by spinedoctor View Post
    Dear Professor Wise,

In this recent article (http://medicalxpress.com/news/2014-0...yzed-rats.html) , summing up a publication from Science, researchers from Zurich (including Pr. Schwab that was so far pursuing clinical trials testing Nogo inhibition) seem to consider that ?Only if the timing, dosage and kind of rehabilitation are right can motor functions make an almost full recovery after a large stroke.?

In your trials, do you also consider ?timing? and ?sequence? as such important issues ?
    Yes, I believe that appropriate rehabilitation of sufficient intensity and duration is essential for recovery of motor function in clinical trials.