Thread: ChinaSCINet Update

Quote Originally Posted by ineedmyelin View Post
    Darn, sounds like Brackenridge in Austin, Tx is no longer a trial site.
    I think that if the publications and initial results are good, lots of places that do SCI research and treatment will be clamoring to participate. They won't want to miss out on the future treatments and related profits.

All I need to know is how to become part of it when it does happen ? Thats the million $ question

Quote Originally Posted by allenstevens View Post
    All I need to know is how to become part of it when it does happen ? Thats the million $ question
    One way is to go here: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ and look for the recruiting instructions. For example, search for SCI and look for "Recruiting".

been there a hundred times, have you ?????? everyone or thing or whatever it may be on there is impossible to get ahold of. 95 % of them havent been updated in a couple years, give it a shot see where it takes ya

ineedmyelin: The doctor initially involved with stem cell SCI research at Brackenridge has re-located and practices in another state. I wish that TIRR and this foundation would take an interest: http://www.memorialhermann.org/found...-ogilvie-fund/

Quote Originally Posted by 2drwhofans View Post
    ineedmyelin: The doctor initially involved with stem cell SCI research at Brackenridge has re-located and practices in another state. I wish that TIRR and this foundation would take an interest: http://www.memorialhermann.org/found...-ogilvie-fund/
    Thanks 2drwhofans. I guess here in Texas were left hoping this treatment is successful, if it is i'll travel almost anywhere to get the procedure. Good luck to all of us.
    "I'm manic as hell-
    But I'm goin' strong-
    Left my meds on the sink again-
    My head will be racing by lunchtime"

<----Scott Weiland---->

I guess my question is when? Are any of these treatments close to being available? I see everyone's frustration with the trial site, and yes it does not seem to get updated regularly, however I have been contacted several times when I contact the direct contact listed on some of these trials maybe try that. It would be nice if they updated the results anyway so we all knew what was or wasn't promising anymore.

Dr. Wise, is there anyway we as spinal cord patients could help in contacting government officials to get the "compassionate use approval"? I too would like to thank you for devotion, please know your hard work does not go unnoticed and is much appreciated. I too think a bit like Doreen, China just seems to have so much more experience than the states with spinal cord injuries. How would any of us know when and if it is passed for availability? If it is not passed for here what about in China? Would hospitals be willing to take overseas patients and do the procedure there even if it is not passed here?Again thank you for your time just curious as I would not want to limit myself to waiting for something that could be readily available else where.

Could somebody please explain to me what locomotor vs. motor and sensor scores mean?

Quote Originally Posted by ikamyar View Post
    Could somebody please explain to me what locomotor vs. motor and sensor scores mean?
    Basically locomotor is walking and stepping and voluntary movement

Sensory is feeling
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature