Thread: ChinaSCINet Update

A.S. I am a bit behind with the news this being my first post and I'm sorry if my questions are inappropriate.

Dr. Wise Young, first of all I need to thank you for your great job, help and immense involvement in the SCI research. Keep doing what you're doing and I know that soon people like me with SCI will regain more of their lives thanks to you and people like you. I was delighted finding this forum and it's a pleasure having the possibility to communicate with you.

Is there any news about the phase 3 cord blood mononuclear cells +- lithium clinical trial, like when is it going to start? I hope it's gonna be successful and walking on earth it's going to be achieved which is far more important than walking on the moon.
    I am a C5-6 complete 1year quad and I would need an advice or opinion about the stem cells transplants that you can get in many specialized clinic in China. While awaiting for the right treatment to come up I've decided to try and go to China to have a stem cell treatment, hopping for a bit of improvement, and of course knowing that many can be dangerous or just a big scam. It's really hard to find a good trustworthy clinic. After looking through many web sites I found a centre in Beijing called The Armed Police General Hospital which for me seems to be ok. They say it went through WHO clinical trial registration, obtained the FDA clinical trial approval and had laboratory with GMP certification of stem cell research and preparation. They deliver the cells via CT guided intraspinal injection which method they invented. I am not sure if the so called treatment is a real approved treatment or is a trial for which they got all the needed approval and registration, for which they ask a big sum of money.
    Can I get your opinion about this or where else and how should I look for a reliable possible stem cell treatment? Thank you very much in advance.
    Last edited by Silvio GS; 03-02-2014 at 08:52 PM.

My son went to China for stem cells twice. The treatments did not work. Save your money till a real treatment works.

<deleted by author>
    Last edited by khmorgan; 03-04-2014 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Didn't add to discussion.

Sad story .... and sadly not the only one I guess

Silvio, please see my answer to your question in http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...=1#post1725376

Wise.
    Last edited by Wise Young; 03-03-2014 at 03:49 PM.

Dear dr Young,
    could you tell me plese quality life improvements in wheelchair people joined in Chinascinet trial ( I mean bladder, bowel, blood pressure and circulation, musche regained)?. Are those correlated to the retunr at some kind of walking in patients treated?.
    Thanks. Best wishes.

Dr. Young;
    Now that we're in the 2nd quarter of 2014, I was wondering if you can fill us in with the current status, besides the funding and the FDA application in process toward the phase 3 trail, hows the timeline for the journal publication? or is it only being published once p3 commences? How is the application going anyways? Thanks.

Moe.

I always think positive and feel opportunistic when I read this thread, that one day a cure will come!
    -c6 incomplete sci

It has now been approximately two years (May 2012 or so) since it was first mentioned, in this thread and in the open houses, that patients were "walking." I don't want to say anything regarding the validity of these claims or the intent in releasing them... they very well might be true and I don't think there was anything particularly sinister behind it. But at the very least I think it was really bad, from a PR perspective, to say these types of things and then go two years without any followup evidence. Just an opinion...

Good point.

It would be great if even a couple of short taster videos could be released. Not only would it give us all a bit more hope, it would also be great publicity for chinascinet.

Quote Originally Posted by ay2012 View Post
    It has now been approximately two years (May 2012 or so) since it was first mentioned, in this thread and in the open houses, that patients were "walking." I don't want to say anything regarding the validity of these claims or the intent in releasing them... they very well might be true and I don't think there was anything particularly sinister behind it. But at the very least I think it was really bad, from a PR perspective, to say these types of things and then go two years without any followup evidence. Just an opinion...