Thread: ChinaSCINet Update

Well of course everything stops until the new year. There is a lot of turnover at the New Year so training beforehand would be a waste,
    Happy new Year‚!

Dr. Young,
    Have you noticed any further changes in the Phase II patients? Do any of them continue to progress in movement or feeling, have any regressed (other than those you had said stopped walking upon returning home), or do they seem to have plateaued in their recovery since the press release?

And I asked in a previous post that you may have missed seeing:
    Quote Originally Posted by tumbleweeds
    Dr. Young,
    Are there any restrictions or limitations in Phase III for length of post-injury time? I read where 13 years was the longest time of injury in Phase II but was wondering if you would try to find older injuries for Phase III, or does Phase II pretty well confirm age of injury doesn't seem to be an issue?
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Tumbleweeds
    Dr. Young,
    Have you noticed any further changes in the Phase II patients? Do any of them continue to progress in movement or feeling, have any regressed (other than those you had said stopped walking upon returning home), or do they seem to have plateaued in their recovery since the press release?

And I asked in a previous post that you may have missed seeing:
    Originally posted by tumbleweeds View Post
    Dr. Young,
    Are there any restrictions or limitations in Phase III for length of post-injury time? I read where 13 years was the longest time of injury in Phase II but was wondering if you would try to find older injuries for Phase III, or does Phase II pretty well confirm age of injury doesn't seem to be an issue?[

Tumbleweeds,

All the patients are at home. It takes a huge effort to get all of them back again for followup. We had to send out teams of doctors and nurses to their homes to get all the one-year followup exams. That took the better part of almost every weekend for 6 months. So, I don't have the answer to your question.

Regarding the length of time post-injury, we have not set any limits. Several of our patients were about 20 years after injury. We did have an age-limit, i.e. 60 years old, in our trials. Indeed, we don't find that the time after injury is a factor. It is likely that we will limit the phase III trial to 18-64 and try to extend the age in separate phase II trials in selected centers.

Wise.

Jawaid, please. The trials have not even been planned. I don't have any answers to these questions. Wise.

Ivanoperetti,

I don't think that the Locomat will helpful because it doesn't allow longer periods of walking. Our patients are walking multiple hours every day.

Wise.

Dr. Young I realize you are trying to get approval for this next trail in Norway, India, China, and possibly the USA. I'm just curious what were your reasons for not including Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcM
    Dr. Young I realize you are trying to get approval for this next trail in Norway, India, China, and possibly the USA. I'm just curious what were your reasons for not including Canada?
    I guess stemcyte doesn't have a location in Canada at the moment, could that be a problem?

Paolo, Stemcyte didn't have a location in China and we conducted several clinical trials there. What do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim
    Paolo, Stemcyte didn't have a location in China and we conducted several clinical trials there. What do you mean?
    Jim,

since Stemcyte is a "for profit" company I suppose they are supporting the trials for SCI as it is in their plans to enter the UCB bank market in China, am I wrong? That would be more than ok for me.
    I suppose they have a similar plan for India while I am not sure about Norway.

Now let's suppose a Canadian based UCB bank (public or private) wants to offer UCB to replicate in Canada the China SCI Net trial, would WIse be allowed by Stemcyte to help getting the trial up and running?
    I suppose no, but correct me if I am wrong.

Paolo

Hey Paolo, Happy 2014!

Wise is not beholden to Stemcyte, if Canada wanted to do the UBC trial and use cells from their own bank GMP certified bank, why do you assume it be a problem? The goal is to cure SCI.

Stemcyte has been in India since 2008.