Thread: ChinaSCINet Update

Smile

Thank you very much for such detailed clarification Doc! I hope your New Year is going well
    Death and taxes

Dr. Wise or someone,

Is there any video online of how they do locomotive training in Kunming? I am more interested in looking at the technique and example that is being used, than seeing results of the trial. Since Kunming doesn't use the Therastride or similar equipment. I understand that there is resistance to publishing video because everyone in the trial is different, but it would very informative to we an example of what and how the training is being done.

If there isn't video can you post one?

I saw the link that Comad posted and found it very interesting, but would still like to see a video of the walking technique! (Thanks!)

http://miracleofwalk.wordpress.com/2...-rope-walking/

Thank You!
    Last edited by Skipow; 01-02-2013 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    Cspine,

this is a concept that .....
    My reply was deleted, so I will put on my pc hat and rephrase.

paolo,
    I personally find your views, opinions, and judgements to be in bad taste. I also severely disapprove of your personal agenda against Wise. I believe that the only way you will be able to have all of your requirements met would be to fund a clinical trial of your own. In the mean time, please find other ways to entertain yourself rather than interfering in a discussion that I and others like me value immensely.

Peace, love, and tranquility to all

*&^%$#@!
    Death and taxes

so when exactly will we get to hear the data collected from chinascinet? I thought it was suppose to be December
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Blog Entries
    Dr.Young-Dr.Silver,
    If you were paralyzed, and knew what you know about your trials and other potential therapies, would you go ahead with tendon transfers, iliostomy, suprapubic or other surgeries? Or would you wait a little longer?

Thank you both in advance for your reply and thank you both for the effort you have put into helping us.
    Last edited by nrf; 01-02-2013 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    so when exactly will we get to hear the data collected from chinascinet? I thought it was suppose to be December
    What does it matter? The interim results were good enough to go to Phase III. If you understand the intensions of the Phase II trials and results posted thus far, NO one has been hurt thus far, some are beginning to get positive results. AND, recall that all the patients were Asia A.

Phase II was to determine if the UCBMC cells were safe. Phase II was to determine if the surgical procedure for implanting cells were safe. Phase II was to determine what is the ideal number of UCBMC cells to inject.

The results posted by Dr. Young thus far are stunning for a 10-14 year chronic Asia A SCI to gain anything.

Let the Doctor get on with Phase III, post haste!!

Quote Originally Posted by nrf View Post
    Dr.Young-Dr.Silver,
    If you were paralyzed, and knew what you know about your trials and other potential therapies, would you go ahead with tendon transfers, iliostomy, suprapubic or other surgeries? Or would you wait a little longer?.
    Excellent question. I sit here with a busted bladder sphincter (female) and have chosen to wait for something better (not that there's any real option for me now).
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

My bad... I just was wondering if there would be a full break-down. Something like:

Patient A came to us as a C_ Asia (x), and after the treatment of xyz and locomotor training the subject is now ___

Patient B came to us as T_ Asia (x), and received just the locomotor training regimen. His status is now this: ___

Etc....

I dunno exactly. But something to that effect
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Excellent question. I sit here with a busted bladder sphincter (female) and have chosen to wait for something better (not that there's any real option for me now).
    Hopefully some therapy will improve other things for you Lynnifer. Maybe if you can dance ballet your sphincter will seem almost trivial.

Quote Originally Posted by Skipow View Post
    Dr. Wise or someone,

Is there any video online of how they do locomotive training in Kunming? I am more interested in looking at the technique and example that is being used, than seeing results of the trial. Since Kunming doesn't use the Therastride or similar equipment. I understand that there is resistance to publishing video because everyone in the trial is different, but it would very informative to we an example of what and how the training is being done.

If there isn't video can you post one?

I saw the link that Comad posted and found it very interesting, but would still like to see a video of the walking technique! (Thanks!)

http://miracleofwalk.wordpress.com/2...-rope-walking/

Thank You!
    Kunming Group with Dr. Zhu published Scientific paper
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19187581
    It would be very interesting and useful to provide more specific detail & technique and even better if they provide video with explanation.
    I have so many people contacted me about this and as well as few Rehab Centres in Canada and Bosnia & Herzegovina.
    I think this particular "tight rope" technique, if that can help people to improve, should be published & exposed in details as soon as possible.
    People in Dr. Wise's team should help those details & videos from Kunming, to be available to all and surface fast.
    Last edited by comad; 01-03-2013 at 02:40 AM. Reason: correction
    www.MiracleofWalk.com

Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary
    to what we know about nature
    Saint Augustine