Page 14 of 287 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast

Thread: ChinaSCINet Update

Did I imagine it, or was there a description of the lesion in a previous message? I guess it was deleted for privacy? It was very interesting.

Dr. Young, congratulations and my heartfelt thanks to you and everybody else who toiled to make this beginning a reality. This indeed is a new era in SCI treatment/cure. I look forward to the results of this and the many other critical trials you are thinking about. I have real hope now that the proverbial next five years would see realizable functional improvement/cure. Having said that I still want results now rather than waiting five years LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    Sonia,

Noirin is right. We should hurry up. There should be not just one but many clinical trials of the most promising therapies of chronic spinal cord injury.

As you may know, we will be planning a trial of umbilical cord blood mononuclear cells and lithium treatment at Shriner's hospitals in Philadelphia for kids between ages 8 to 17. This is of course assuming that we show that the treatment is safe and that it restores some function in our current trials. I must continue to remind people that this is only the first case and we have 39 left to do (19 more in Hong Kong) and 20 in Kunming. We have a lot of work ahead of us and everybody is rolling their sleeves to get it done.

Wise.
    Do you have all the other 19 clinical trial patients identified in Hong Kong? What is the expected date to finish the initial transplantation on all 20? When do you expect to begin transplanting the cells in Kunming? I remember you indicating earlier that trial patients in Kunming were more easily forthcoming. Have you identified eligible trial patients in Kunming already? When are the 20 in Kunming expected to finish getting the initial transplantation? Would it take a year after that to collate and assess the safety/efficacy results from these phase 2 trials before the phase 3 trials are initiated? Thanks.

Dr Young , Wooo ,a clinical trial in shriners!? We are seen by them twice a year and. chose them over CHOP specifically because of their privately funded research. My daughter is a c/1 - c/2 on a vent. Does that cause complications for her eligibilty in a clinical trial? Afraid to hear your answer. Thank you for all your work and congratulations on the commencement of your trial in China.

Dr Young can u plz tell me if u get some very good results which we r hoping and praying in phase2 trials then do u think i should try to participate in phase3 trials in india for my L1 injury's treatment? Will i be able to participate in phase3 in india? What u can do for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    John, thank you.

I was thinking on the long flight back home that all this could not and would not have been without the support and hard work of the neurosurgeons and their staff (Dr. Waisang Poon and his fellow neurosurgeons at the Prince-of-Wales Hospital, Dr. Kent Tsang who got up very early on Monday morning to prepare the cells for transplants, and Dr. Gilberto Leung and his staff at Queen Mary Hospital who will be doing the next case), the incredible work of Suzanne Poon and her friends who raise funds for ChinaSCINet, and the deep commitment of Ken Giacin (CEO of Stemcyte) and Stemcyte who provided the best quality HLA-matched umbilical cord blood mononuclear cells for the trial.

Hundreds of people contributed to this trial and I am so grateful to them for their hard work and generosity. Above all, I want to thank the people who have volunteered for the trial, the people who took the risk so that we know whether this treatment works and is safe. In the coming month, the pace of the transplants will accelerate. When it is no longer news and the excitement of the first case fades, the doctors, radiologists, and nurses will continue to collect the data and take good care of the people who have volunteered their bodies for the trial. In the weeks and months preceding the trial, the team worked day and night to make sure that all the i's are dotted and t's are crossed, that no stone was left unturned to ensure the safety of the treatment, and that quality of the surgery and cells was impeccable.

This clinical trial is a gift of love and courage by many to our community.

Wise.
    Dr. Young,

Way to go... You are a role model in the field of SCI research and clinical trials! You are doing everything you can in your power in realizing hope for thousands and millions of us from around the world for a cure to come.

You are such an unforgettable great person in our lives!!
    Last edited by poonsuzanne; 12-03-2010 at 11:14 AM.
    Suzanne

Quote Originally Posted by eli View Post
    Dr Young , Wooo ,a clinical trial in shriners!? We are seen by them twice a year and. chose them over CHOP specifically because of their privately funded research. My daughter is a c/1 - c/2 on a vent. Does that cause complications for her eligibilty in a clinical trial? Afraid to hear your answer. Thank you for all your work and congratulations on the commencement of your trial in China.
    We haven't decided yet concerning eligibility for the trial. I have close friends who are C1/2 and on ventilators. Wise.

Thank you Dr. Young,

I feel the beginning of legitmate clinical trials will debunk many, if not all of the "clinics", currently offerring unproven therapies for SCI.

Also, the best written and published papers in the world are useless if they never move into clinical trials. At least you have taken the monumental step we have so dearly needed for years.

Again, thank you.

Smile

Oh Dr Young how i hope to see you, in the not so distant future, with a Nobel Prize for Medicine in one hand and a puppy in the other.

Wise, we don't know what to expect, but the trials have started. this brings hope for us, not experienced in the past. All the blurbs and papers will have to take a backseat to this real human trials. I search stem cell news everyday and there is no news on this trial. Can you tell me why not? All the listings of findings and tests on rats showup on the blog. this is everybit an equal to Geron;s trial for acutes. We need this to be publizied and followed.

keeping on

Good news. Made my day.