Thread: ChinaSCINet Update

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Jesus Paolo, would you quit your rude pointless arguments and let it go??? For the past weeks your posts just annoys me and your quotes just confuses everybody here, wasting peoples time with pointless remarks just because you don’t understand –or- pretending not to understand blaming someone else just to look smarter… stop your whining and LET IT GO, pal! To me you contribute nothing useful here in this forum.

By you to understand something or not, nobody's going to get cured by you so don't expect a diploma by the mail. Let the pros do their work.

Meanwhile, go get 'pissed off' and cry somewhere else, your attitude is unbearable.

CIAO

Moe,

be nicer!

you can experess your desagreement with what I post, but you can also ignore what I post.

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

[QUOTE=Wise Young;1623654]
    Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post

Paolo,

Yes, you seem to have gotten the explanation right. I should clarify that I reported that some patients are showing improvements in locomotion scores without significant increases in their motor scores, which reflect voluntary motor strength of legs. To explain this, I said that "the patients appear to be able to activate their central pattern generators without increasing their voluntary motor control or strength." I don't think that I said that people are walking without any voluntary movement. Certainly, that was not my intent.

It is all right if you don't believe my explanation of the phenomenon. If you are interested, there is ample evidence in the literature of people who are walking through activation of the central pattern generator. If you watch the youtube of Reggie Edgerton's lecture posted by Grammy earlier, he actually shows a person doing "air walking" with stimulation of the central pattern generator. However, you will have to wait until we publish the study to see all the data from our study and decide for yourself. I hope, of course, that our subjects will show improved motor and sensory scores on followup examinations. Six months may still be too early. Thanks.

http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy...otor-function/

Wise.
    Thank you Wise,

I hope that when you will publish the data you will make available also videos of the people "walking".

Paolo

Quote Originally Posted by havok View Post
    Idk if this is the wrong place to ask this, but I recent found out the my t10 burst fracture was more than a contusion. Appearently the bone exploded inwards into the spinal cord(maybe severing it idk how bad). And from what I understand these trials are only for contusion. Is there any way to fix both contusion and penetration injuries or is it a lost cause?
    Even contusions have often a cavity that many researchers agree that needs to be filled in with something.
    There are many scaffolds under development that could do the job or periferial nerve transpant seems to be a very good (if not better) option as well.

Paolo

Dr. Wise,

Have the researchers investigated the safety/efficacy of the UCBMC+MP and lithium treatment in the lab on animals with incomplete injuries?

Moe,

be nicer!

you can experess your desagreement with what I post, but you can also ignore what I post.

Paolo
    Your right it would be better if he or anyone else would ignore you but since you have done it 1000000000000000 times it becomes hard to do so. Also since Wise is nice enough he amazingly responds to what you say so you are going to see your stuff quoted in his posts.

Wise can you consider lumbar injury patients in your phase3 trial or for lumbosacral you have separate trial? If you can see some white growth then why dont u try lumbosacral patients?

If a volunteer of a clinical trial receive the placebo treatment, will he receive at the end of the trial the "real" treatment, the same for example if a volunteer of the planned us trial receive ucbmc+lthium+mp can he receive at the end the treatment with cethrin?
    Other question, the period of phase 1 for safety is sufficiently long to see if there is no risk of tumors if the cells continue to proliferate?

Dr.Young - I'm curious about muscle spasms.
    Have the patients noticed any difference in their tone/muscle spasms? Enough to ween off of baclofen or any kind of muscle relaxers?

Lately My spasms have been getting so bad (currently on 80mg a day) that I'm considering a baclofen pump. If I do get one. will that affect my chances of being chosen for upcoming trials?
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    ex pro-am motocross racer
    tilite aero z s2

Quote Originally Posted by Wills77 View Post
    Dr.Young - I'm curious about muscle spasms.
    Have the patients noticed any difference in their tone/muscle spasms? Enough to ween off of baclofen or any kind of muscle relaxers?

Lately My spasms have been getting so bad (currently on 80mg a day) that I'm considering a baclofen pump. If I do get one. will that affect my chances of being chosen for upcoming trials?

Good question. I have a baclofan pump... Does that make any difference?
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Even contusions have often a cavity that many researchers agree that needs to be filled in with something.
    There are many scaffolds under development that could do the job or periferial nerve transpant seems to be a very good (if not better) option as well.

Paolo
    I didnt think much progress was being made with scaffolds? Also who was doing periferial nerve transplants?