Page 13 of 287 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast

Thread: ChinaSCINet Update

Does anyone know if they disclosed the ASIA score and Lesion level of patient 1.0 ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boda View Post
    Does anyone know if they disclosed the ASIA score and Lesion level of patient 1.0 ?

Thanks
    All subjects in this trial are ASIA A. We do not provide information on individual patients. Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    The first case was one on the 29th of November. It was, I believe, the first spinal cord injury cell transplant operation in Hong Kong history. The surgery went well. The patient did not have any neurological change afterward. In addition to the daily care and exams, the subject will be receiving formal examinations at 6 weeks, 6 months, and a year. I am hopeful, of course.

The next case has been tentatively scheduled for around the middle of December.

Wise.
    thanks you for all the hard work you have don and put in to this I would say there was times that you felt like giving up . glad you didn't if you

just delighted to see that progress is bring made
    AS I SIT HERE IN MY CHAIR . I LOOK OUT UPON THE GROUND .I WONDER WILL I EVER GET UP AND WALK A ROUND ??

http://justadollarplease.org

This clinical trial is a gift of love and courage by many to our community.

Wise.[/QUOTE]

Amen !
    keep (rolling) Walking

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

the culmination of this is so awesome
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Well done on finally getting the thing moving Dr Young. Fingers crossed we have some positive outcomes over the coming months. Exciting times.

Let's all hope that those who get therapy will recover some function. It's going to be a long road and bumpy to say the least, but it is a road going forward. Let's also hope that Geron's trial will prevent many people from spending their lives in chairs.
    we are in a transition period, no doubt about it. Let's watch and support those who are initiaing the trials and those receiving the trials,

Moving ahead
    keeping on

Congratulations on a sucessful transplantation-delighted surgery went well-it was my main concern.
    Funny enough,I was 'walking' my daughter about an hour ago on parallel bars and she was disgusted with the image in the mirror and said it wasn't proper walking and said out loud that she wished the scientists would hurry up and find a way to fix her spinal cord!She is coming seven, injured 2 years.
    Dying to tell her the news but a week is a long time in a child's life let alone years and kind of have to rein myself in.
    THanks for filling us in and let your team know how much we appreciate all the effort. Take care, Sonia.x

Quote Originally Posted by noirin's mum View Post
    Congratulations on a sucessful transplantation-delighted surgery went well-it was my main concern.
    Funny enough,I was 'walking' my daughter about an hour ago on parallel bars and she was disgusted with the image in the mirror and said it wasn't proper walking and said out loud that she wished the scientists would hurry up and find a way to fix her spinal cord!She is coming seven, injured 2 years.
    Dying to tell her the news but a week is a long time in a child's life let alone years and kind of have to rein myself in.
    THanks for filling us in and let your team know how much we appreciate all the effort. Take care, Sonia.x
    Sonia,

Noirin is right. We should hurry up. There should be not just one but many clinical trials of the most promising therapies of chronic spinal cord injury.

As you may know, we will be planning a trial of umbilical cord blood mononuclear cells and lithium treatment at Shriner's hospitals in Philadelphia for kids between ages 8 to 17. This is of course assuming that we show that the treatment is safe and that it restores some function in our current trials. I must continue to remind people that this is only the first case and we have 39 left to do (19 more in Hong Kong) and 20 in Kunming. We have a lot of work ahead of us and everybody is rolling their sleeves to get it done.

Wise.