Thread: ChinaSCINet Update

Smile

I am very encouraged when I read MRIs are showing white matter tracts are being laid down. I have been a RN for 31 years and have worked ,mostly with neurosurgical and neurology patients in my career. My son has been injured now for 8 years and I have to admit until I read these positive in results I had been slowly losing faith in of him ever any return, that being said we all have to be patient and to know this is great news !!

Wise will u start trials for lumbosacral injuries with phase2? Will u go with muse cells and schwan cells in combination for lumbosacral injuries or will add some other therapies too?

If there is results with UCBMC +lithium+rehab there would be more results if we repeat the procedure once again and once again, no? Or it is only one shot therapy?

Someone ought to hook up Dr. Wise with a glass of water to sip on when he gives his next presentation. (no disrespect to Dr. Wise.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jawaid View Post
    Wise will u start trials for lumbosacral injuries with phase2? Will u go with muse cells and schwan cells in combination for lumbosacral injuries or will add some other therapies too?
    Jawaid, there is a lot to do before we can do trials. We are doing the animal studies and it will take a year or more before I have results. However, we are making good progress in terms of the lumbosacral model and developing a source of immune-compatible neural stem cells for transplantation. As soon as we have confirmed data, I will post. Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by okwjoe View Post
    I am very encouraged when I read MRIs are showing white matter tracts are being laid down. I have been a RN for 31 years and have worked ,mostly with neurosurgical and neurology patients in my career. My son has been injured now for 8 years and I have to admit until I read these positive in results I had been slowly losing faith in of him ever any return, that being said we all have to be patient and to know this is great news !!
    Joe,

We were excited to see the DTI images suggesting regrowth of white matter in the spinal cord. I hope of course that we will see neurological function associated with the growth, suggesting that the growing axons are making synaptic connections. We are also committed to continue testing the most promising therapies in clinical trials, as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruben View Post
    If there is results with UCBMC +lithium+rehab there would be more results if we repeat the procedure once again and once again, no? Or it is only one shot therapy?
    Good question. We have long considered doing the procedure again. It is logical that if it works once, perhaps multiple transplants will be better. However, we need to prove that doing it once is safe and beneficial. We should also be testing multiple treatments in animals as well.

Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by okwjoe View Post
    okwjoe,

if you have time, I would suggest you to watch again Wise's presentation at the Bedford workshop, then write down carefully all Wise saies about the DTIs, and think about it.
    The devil is in the details.

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Paolo, let him to do what he is doing. Without alchemists we wouldn't have the Chemistry.

Quote Originally Posted by kivi66 View Post
    Paolo, let him to do what he is doing. Without alchemists we wouldn't have the Chemistry.
    Kivi, I understand what you say, in fact I have been nice with Wise until last June when IMO informations have been presented in a way that was too easily "misunderstandable".
    I support ChinaSCINet and SCINetUSA as long as things are presented clearly, consistently and supported by facts. One DTI showing "regeneration" is good, but keep in mind also the DTIs showing the spinal cord out of the canal.
    The margin for error with DTI is significant, so one DTI showing "regeneration" could easily be a problem with the DTI.
    If we had 10 patients with a DTI showing some "regeneration" we could have something significant.
    Unfortunatly the patients done in Kunming don't have DTI images.

I am glad that at the end of the presentation Wise said he expect no one is going to believe what he had presented.

So, probably, instead of having a clinical trial network with 25 centers non very well equipped it is better to have one center well equipped (with all kinds of electrophisiology, DTI etc.) and accept patients from all over the world.

I'll be nicer with Wise in the future, but he has to present stuff in a credible way, so that when someone tells us that a cure for SCI is not possible we have strong arguments to support that SCI can become curable by using the info he share with us.

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming