Thread: ChinaSCINet Update

Sorry Dr. Young but just to clarify: the observation that some patient are walking is from seeing patients six months into the trial whereas the lack of improvement in motor and sensory scores is for six week data. Yet you seem to indicate that people are walking without improvement in these scores...

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    Solan, I did not present the 6 month data. As I have said many times before, we don't have that data from Kunming yet and will not until the end of November. These are still the 6 week data. Wise.
    Understood! I couldn't log in and watch the webcast and only read what was said in the post on here.
    Thank you for the feedback.
    Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    Moe,

I... don't care about what I think ... you should just ignore my posts.

I don't understand ... words.

Paolo

Quote Originally Posted by allenstevens View Post
    keep up the hard work wise I just like to see posts on this thread to know that someone cares and is trying to help.
    Just to be clear, I didn't mean to seem ungrateful at all. That quote is how I feel... Just had a question
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by Solan View Post
    Understood! I couldn't log in and watch the webcast and only read what was said in the post on here.
    Thank you for the feedback.
    You can watch all the videos here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/spinal-cord-workshop

All preseantations worth watching IMO.

Paolo
    Last edited by paolocipolla; 11-10-2012 at 06:48 PM.
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

I have corrected the link, all the videos are here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/spinal-cord-workshop

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    I have corrected the link, all the videos are here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/spinal-cord-workshop

Paolo
    Thanks Paolo. Keith Tansey and Hans Keirstead's presentations were very very informative. Good stuff.

Perhaps another 6 months for them to connect to the neurons?

having watched the video of dr. Young, I have to admit the preliminary results he presents are pretty encouraging, above expectations (which in all honistly are pretty low in terms of treating human SCI after decades of false promises and failures).

I am generally skeptic, and these results once again show the difficulty of the task ahead of us (even with some fibers regrowing past injury site, no significant functionnal recovery).

I think realistically, one would have to wait 24-36 months post-transplant of cells combined with uninterrupted physical rehab to be able to conculde if it does have an effect or not on recovery.

If only there were more such extensive and credible clinical trials made as the one of dr. Young I would be much more optimistic about a viable treatment being available to us.

If there was a way to also combine Ch'ase to the stem cells injection, I believe we would be getting really close to a "cure"

I really hope it doesn't take another 10 or 20 years to get these kind of trials going (like it appears now, as Acorda are really not in a rush)

Was there any relation between the amount of cells injected and growth of white matter? Also did the length of time since the injury seem to effect the growth?

I will just wait for the official report to arrive later this year since I don't know what to make of all this speculation and what if's. Can we expect a real conclusion in the upcoming report? Or will the conclusion still be "wait and see, it takes time so it could still go either way"
    Last edited by Tachtig; 11-13-2012 at 08:17 AM. Reason: spelling