Page 10 of 280 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

Thread: ChinaSCINet Update

Wise, could you give us an update on the coinical trials in China. My understanding they were to start in middle of Novemeber. Please give us some positve news.

keeping on

Quote Originally Posted by keeping on View Post
    Wise, could you give us an update on the coinical trials in China. My understanding they were to start in middle of Novemeber. Please give us some positve news.

keeping on
    Not yet. Soon. Wise.

Just read this whole thread, very interessting

Quote Originally Posted by pcoollll View Post
    In 5/2005 I was paralysed in body because I met with a motorbike accident.

I had partial use of my 2 arms but I could move my left arm (only some difficulty). I could no move my fingers. I had a pressure sensation all over my body. Above the injury I could feel normally but below the injury level. I had no bowel or bladder control. I could not move my legs and I had no feeling below the injury site. I upper body was strong but there was some lack of sensation.
    I have been spinal cord neck columns from C5 to C7
    I have not ever been undergone any surgery.
    What must I do now?

Everybody help me,
    thanks
    pcool

I answered your question in http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...20#post1287120

Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    Not yet. Soon. Wise.
    I read that the first surgery is scheduled for the 29th of
    this month.

I am under that assumption too. is 29th correct?
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Dear Young why u r not confident enough that umbilical cells with combined therapy can restore bladder bowel and sexual function in lower injuries?

cellmedicine has treated a L1 patient with combination cell therapies and patient got BB and sexual function back. You also read the article from Dr Thomas. They used umbilical, bone marrow and OEG cells i guess.

What u think about this approach for treatment? BB and sexual recovery without neuronal replacement.

I think we should be hoping this recovery from ur trials too.

Hope u will comment best.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawaid View Post
    Dear Young why u r not confident enough that umbilical cells with combined therapy can restore bladder bowel and sexual function in lower injuries?

cellmedicine has treated a L1 patient with combination cell therapies and patient got BB and sexual function back. You also read the article from Dr Thomas. They used umbilical, bone marrow and OEG cells i guess.

What u think about this approach for treatment? BB and sexual recovery without neuronal replacement.

I think we should be hoping this recovery from ur trials too.

Hope u will comment best.
    Jawaid, read the paper again. It is important that we find out how many get recovery divided by the overall number of cases. If this is the best case out of 30 and the rest don't get much back, then the findings are not as meaningful. It is also not clear that the patient was a "complete" spinal cord injury at the beginning. It sounds as if this person was initially incomplete, become neurologically complete, and then began recovering again.

It is possible that many people with lower lumbosacral injuries still have some surviving Onuf's nucleus, which is situated in the lumbrosacral cord and which gives rise to the S2 ventral root output that initiates micturition. There are other sacral nuclei that control sexual function (erection, ejaculation, and copulation reflex) and anal function. Most of these nuclei are located in the spinal cord located in the L1 segment. If these nuclei are damaged, neuronal replacement therapy will be necessary.

In our clinical trials, we are initially studying patients who have neurological levels of C5 to T10. A neurological level of T10 means a person who has intact (close to normal) sensation in the dermatome around the navel. By the way, a neurological level of T11 or lower means that the person has intact sensation in dermatomes below the navel. Such people is likely to have had some damage to their lumbosacral spinal cord.

People with injury at T11 or lower may respond differently to regenerative therapies, including walking. This does not mean that they would not benefit at all. If our trials show significant benefit of umbilical cord blood mononuclear cells and lithium in patients with neurological levels from C5 through T10, I suspect that many doctors will be trying the treatment on levels above C5 and below T10.

In addition, clinical trials of treatments of the lumbosacral spinal cord must also use appropriate outcome measures. For example, such trials should be carrying out urodynamic tests, assessments of erection and ejaculation, and anal EMG and sensation testing. At the present, we are not employing these outcome measures in our trial. We are interviewing the patients with the SCIM, which asks questions bout bowel and bladder function.

Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    I am under that assumption too. is 29th correct?
    That is the plan. Wise.

Thank u very much dear Dr Young for telling everything beautifully.

I will surely pray for ur trial's success as i could be the candidate for ur treatment too.

I will get new CT Scan with CT Mylography of spinal cord and let u know the report then. Hope then u will be able to better advise me.

God bless you and give u success in ur trials.