Thread: ChinaSCINet Update

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    Wise, here you allude to bowel and bladder, anything about sexual function?
    We did not ask and therefore do not know. In the upcoming trial, we will ask. I am also planning to bring as many of the patients back as possible for long term followup and we will ask then. Wise.

Extremely exciting! Thanks for your hard work, Wise, and for sharing it with us.

Have quadriplegics regained any use of their hands?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Honcho View Post
    Extremely exciting! Thanks for your hard work, Wise, and for sharing it with us.

Same thoughts here
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    We did not ask and therefore do not know. In the upcoming trial, we will ask. I am also planning to bring as many of the patients back as possible for long term followup and we will ask then. Wise.

so will you have any info on that in time for w2w?
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    so will you have any info on that in time for w2w?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Honcho View Post

While several subjects recovered some hand function, it was nothing like the walking. I think that it is because we did not exercise their hands like we did their walking. I will discuss at the meeting how we plan to address this issue in the upcoming phase III trial. Wise.

Thank you Wise, and I am sure it's frustrating to explain so much to such varied audiences your presentation was excellent if you presented it based off your knowledge level we probably all fell asleep as we wouldn't of understood any of it. Thank you for sharing and your continued hard work..

So is it likely that the epi stim therapy will be incorporated with the Phase III ChinaSCInet trials? this is so exciting?! It's amazing to think that the "cure" or atleast an effective therapy is already here - we just need to make sure it's safe and viable... Red tape it seems.

In the "Rethinking SCI" video, if I remember correctly, the epi stims will be incorporated together with Phase III right? I'm jumping up and down like a kid in a candy store!

Regards

I thought they were talking about using estim, like the little units with the pads on them. Like the TENS units. But how cool would it be if Dr. Young and Dr. Harkema joined forces and the trial was the umbilical cord blood cells and the implanted estim device. Maybe that is whats happening, idk.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrington314mx View Post
    I thought they were talking about using estim, like the little units with the pads on them. Like the TENS units. But how cool would it be if Dr. Young and Dr. Harkema joined forces and the trial was the umbilical cord blood cells and the implanted estim device. Maybe that is whats happening, idk.
    The plan is to use estim on hands/feet of some patients.