Thread: ChinaSCINet Update

Jim, Wise has said that though the patients in Phase II could walk with CPG they couldn't lift their legs up from a lying position. Do you know if any of them could negotiate stairs/steps, pedal an exercise bike or swim?
    Thanks

Jim, is Wise back in America, if not; when does he get back and about when is the next official clinical update from chinascinet
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    Jim, is Wise back in America, if not; when does he get back and about when is the next official clinical update from chinascinet
    Yea I would love to hear from Dr. Wise. I'm very interested to hear if the paper was submitted.

Quote Originally Posted by tumbleweeds View Post
    Jim, Wise has said that though the patients in Phase II could walk with CPG they couldn't lift their legs up from a lying position. Do you know if any of them could negotiate stairs/steps, pedal an exercise bike or swim?
    Thanks
    None were able to climb stairs, not sure about now.

Not sure if/when subjects from ChinaSCINet will be examined again. I know raising money to do this has been been discussed, but Wise has been incredibly busy setting up these trials in 3 countries.

Jim, I can be pretty forgetful so I apologize if I have already asked this but will the possible improvements in bowel, bladder and sexual function be reported on in the next publication

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

No need to apologize luna.

There is no next publication from the ChinaSCINet IIa/b Clinical Trials. The next paper to come out will be on Lithium for Neuropathic Pain- http://www.chinascinet.org/index.php...146&Itemid=129 This trial has been completed and will be published soon. Lithium is very effective eliminating severe neuropathic pain. Not much of an effect on moderate pain.

The next step is approval of the Phase IIb trial here in the US, India, and Taiwan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    No need to apologize luna.

There is no next publication from the ChinaSCINet IIa/b Clinical Trials. The next paper to come out will be on Lithium for Neuropathic Pain- http://www.chinascinet.org/index.php...146&Itemid=129 This trial has been completed and will be published soon. Lithium is very effective eliminating severe neuropathic pain. Not much of an effect on moderate pain.

The next step is approval of the Phase IIb trial here in the US, India, and Taiwan.

OK the exact wording of my question was incorrect but the 'meat' of my question still remains; "Will possible improvements or changes in Bowel, bladder and sexual function be analyzed and put in the publication of...in the near-future"

Jim, I sometimes use lithium orotate tablets for anxiety, but never thought they'd help with the slight neuropathic pain in my left toes. I used to use gabapentin for that, but it affected my walking ability and now I use a pain cream. Do you know anything about lithium orotate? Thanks!-Jan

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    OK the exact wording of my question was incorrect but the 'meat' of my question still remains; "Will possible improvements or changes in Bowel, bladder and sexual function be analyzed and put in the publication of...in the near-future"
    I don't know if/when the patients will be reexamined. They fulfilled their agreement by being examined at 6 months, 12, and 24. Another examination would yield very important information, I hope they do it. Unfortunately, Wise has no time to organize this.

Quote Originally Posted by FellowHawkeye View Post
    Jim, I sometimes use lithium orotate tablets for anxiety, but never thought they'd help with the slight neuropathic pain in my left toes. I used to use gabapentin for that, but it affected my walking ability and now I use a pain cream. Do you know anything about lithium orotate? Thanks!-Jan
    It is an incredible finding that a six week course of lithium greatly reduced/eliminated neuropathic pain, long term. There is much to learn.
    I see that orotate is available over-the-counter, so it's properties are probably much different.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I don't know if/when the patients will be reexamined. They fulfilled their agreement by being examined at 6 months, 12, and 24. Another examination would yield very important information, I hope they do it. Unfortunately, Wise has no time to organize this.

It is an incredible finding that a six week course of lithium greatly reduced/eliminated neuropathic pain, long term. There is much to learn.
    I see that orotate is available over-the-counter, so it's properties are probably much different.
    Naw, not the phase that is happening in china currently, I meant in the future usa trials, are possible changes in bbs going to to be looked at and documented then