Thread: ChinaSCINet Update

You're welcome.
    As I understand it, yes, phase III will be in China, India, Norway and the U.S. Here's more on possible future availability -
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    CAS,

Phase III trials lead to regulatory approval. Phase IV trials are post-approval, to look for long-term complications, etc. We are working as hard as we can to get the phase III started and completed before 2020. Barring any complications (such as lack of funding), we should know the whether the treatment is effective and safe in 2015.

That phase II trials have yielded several surprising findings. The first is that MRI/DTI images are showing evidence fiber bundles growing across the injury site, suggesting of regeneration and that this grown is occurring a 6-12 months after transplantation of the cells. The second is that a majority of the transplanted subjects are showing improvements in locomotor scores without improvement in motor and sensory scores, at least at 6 months and in some cases at 12 months.

We would like to confirm these findings as soon as possible in formal phase III randomized and controlled clinical trials. It is important to find out whether or not we see fiber bundles growing in the spinal cord when we do not transplant cells. Likewise, we need to find out whether the subjects do not show this kind of walking improvement without cell transplantation. Finally, of course, we are hoping that the subjects will show motor and sensory score improvements eventually.

Wise.

Thank you again tumbleweeds!!!

Wise has described the results of the trial a million times here, what is it you want him to say? No voluntary movement, no sensation, people walking with different degrees of assistance due to the cpg. So you all rather wait for the published paper then getting inside info? I thought that was one of the reasons people went here.
    Debating on CareCure is like participating in the special-olympics. You may win, but you're still disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by void View Post
    Wise has described the results of the trial a million times here, what is it you want him to say? No voluntary movement, no sensation, people walking with different degrees of assistance due to the cpg. So you all rather wait for the published paper then getting inside info? I thought that was one of the reasons people went here.
    not everybody is familiar with this thread. I'm not sure who you're addressing but I can tell you I've only been here a few times I'm just learning about some of the stuff. I would say cut them some slack

No I wont the official results.
    1. To prove the naysayers right or wrong.
    2. So it can be published.
    3. If all goes well to help assist us getting the hell out of these chairs.

No amount of inside info will do any of these things. I also didn't in anyway intend my previous post to upset Jim or Wise. Just as a joke. Guess it didn't come a across that way.
    Last edited by #LHB#; 05-11-2014 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayberry View Post
    Then you shouldn't say anything!

Jim,I assure you that this is NOT the way 99.9% of us feel ...keep saying what you can
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Dr. Young or anyone, Is there anyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy way we can get in the trial in China? What if I became a Chinese citizen? I know it was said that it wasn't an option but wondering if it could be reconsidered if I/we became citizens and stayed there for the time needed?

Doreen, it is not likely that you could be in the China trial, but let's say somehow you got in. Phase III is randomized and you could wind up in the least effective treatment group. When a treatment is discovered that significantly improves the lives of people there will be a major push to make it available to all as soon as possible.

Hi Jim, thank you. You've mentioned that the results so far are very impressive, would you consider that a treatment that significantly will improve our lives?

Honesly F$$$ SCIs, and F$$$ my stupidly for doing this to myself, honestly Id choose death over living the rest of my life as a quad, no questions Frig i asked them to leave me in the field I was launched into, then asked them to let me die three times in the hospital, to no success. A lot of people are happy with SCI (as happy as they can be), some are not but the thought of returning to normal, or even a glimmer of normal brings emotions and desperation. Jim I'm sure you understand that, so these kinds of comments, speculation, doubts, repetitive questions are to be expected from all of us.