Thread: ChinaSCINet Update

Hope tank runnin on fumes here. Would love also love to hear from one of the worlds leading sci scientist, Dr Young, even if he only says, "hang in there".
    Yes . Hope tank running dry...need some update
    Hope train derailing! :''''''''(

EDIT: Quote fail I suck at internet stuff

see the "is there any good news out there" thread to prevent hope train derailment.
    T5/6, ASIA A, injured 30 Nov 08
    Future SCI Alumnus.
    I don't want to dance in the rain, I want to soar above the storm.

I learned to not to hold my breath while waiting for this, but the only thing that would recover my hopes would be reading the long waited p-I & pII data publication to the medical journals confirming everything that was said here is true.

Please nobody get offended, not accusing anybody of any possible misleading info, Its just that I find that all these years lots have been said in countless pages, dates been postponed over n over and so on and still today not much to show for, just promises. Sry I feel that way, all due respect say whatever you want but at this point to me seeing is believing. Please at least publish that data so that I can eat my words. I may start to beleave on the p-IIa & III trials afterwards too...
    Last edited by Moe; 07-14-2015 at 01:08 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mcferguson View Post
    see the "is there any good news out there" thread to prevent hope train derailment.
    word you post a link for me?
    Last edited by Random; 07-29-2015 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    word you post a link for me?

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...news-out-there
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

It really sucks not hearing from Dr. Young in quite awhile. Even if its basically the same words, it was nice reading anything he has to say on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrington314mx View Post
    It really sucks not hearing from Dr. Young in quite awhile. Even if its basically the same words, it was nice reading anything he has to say on here.

Yup.
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by Barrington314mx View Post
    Barrington, sorry. Here is an update.

After much discussion and some work, we have decided to go ahead to do phase II trials in U.S./Norway, India, and China. India changed its regulations so that a new organization called Drug Controller General of India (DCGI) will be approving clinical trials. They have given stem cell therapies a high priority and are willing to provide conditional market approval after phase II trials. China published new regulations in April that placed very stringent (tough) requirements for approval of stem cell therapies. Furthermore, it requires a Chinese company to be the sponsor of the trials. So, Stemcyte (the U.S. company donating cells for the trial) has been looking for partners. In the meantime, we are planning to go ahead with phase II trials in China, India, and the U.S.A. These trials have three goals. First, we want to show that intensive 6 hours/day, 6 days/week, and 3-6 month locomotor training is possible outside of Kunming. Second, we want have stronger evidence that lithium may be beneficial when given alongside

In the meantime, we are being helped by PPD, a clinical research organization, paid by Stemcyte. This spring, we trained three universities to process the umbilical cord blood to obtain mononuclear cells for transplantation: Jinan University in Guangzhou, Tongji university in Shanghai, and Xi'an Jiaotong University. We talked to a fourth center in Dahlian last week and will be trying to bring them on board. We are hoping to get provincial approval of the cell processing facilities and apply to the government for permission to do the trial.

Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    Barrington, sorry. Here is an update.

First, we want to show that intensive 6 hours/day, 6 days/week, and 3-6 month locomotor training is possible outside of Kunming.
    could you explain this farther? theres a trial to show that training is possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric.S View Post
    could you explain this farther? theres a trial to show that training is possible?
    There has been push back from a lot of hospitals and therapy centers in the US, saying that it would be too expensive (both in terms of money and manpower) to give people with SCI intensive walking training for many hours a day, 6 days per week. I believe there are many things that make this easier to accomplish in China compared to the US, but with the right resources, it should be possible anywhere.