Page 39 of 284 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041424344454647484989139 ... LastLast

Thread: ChinaSCINet Update

I wonder if neural human stem cells could be an option for the next wave of ChinaSCINet trials - the Reeve Irvine centre scientists speak in glowing terms about them

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Paddon View Post
    I don't understand people wanting bladder and bowel back without walking. You could be sitting in your wheelchair at anytime dying to go but unable to get to an accessible bathroom. It's almost a blessing not to feel b and b while one is glued to a wheelchair in my opinion.

No, I want to walk again.....................
    thank you. ive heard that time and time again "id be happy getting bowel and bladder back". not me. i wanna walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrington314mx View Post
    thank you. ive heard that time and time again "id be happy getting bowel and bladder back". not me. i wanna walk.
    I also would like to walk as a first priority, but I understand for a person with a very bad B&B situation the priority is B&B.
    ... But if you can walk you can deal much better with B&B problems..
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Quite frankly I don't want to use a catheter with 100% sensation.

And I hope within the dream of walking you include the few years of intense gym work that's going to come with it.

So, Imight, you are not interested in walking or you walk already?

I think everyone must be aware of how much work would be needed to walk again - but I wonder if one year would be enough if there was sufficient regeneration but perhaps I am naiive - I hope bladder and bowel return as well if walking returns

heck yea, that would be some gym work id love

I was always polite with there views when sci people said they wanted B&B return and would worry about legs later. Not me though, I want my friggin legs back yesterday!! I will take any return of B&B as bonus territory but I have always believed that I will only feel like I'm back in the game if I'm verticle...

Dear friends all the functions are very important to recover. I can walk very easily but have no bladder bowel and sexual function with my L1 injury.

I feel so much hurt specially not having sexual function in young age. Many times our society and peoples discourage us so much.

Dont know still how long we will be only reading about good research articles and nothing in practical for SCI peoples soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Paddon View Post
    So, Imight, you are not interested in walking or you walk already?

I think everyone must be aware of how much work would be needed to walk again - but I wonder if one year would be enough if there was sufficient regeneration but perhaps I am naiive - I hope bladder and bowel return as well if walking returns
    I walk on crutches, can also use canes. It too 3 hard years in the gym and I'm still working on it. My max is being able to walk 10 yards unassisted but I tell you right now as an ex-football player those 10 yards feel like I ran bleechers. I've watched so many simply give up at the gym or half ass their therapy session and just expect magic. All I can say is once you get upright you'll realize real quick how tough and scary it gets, let alone unassisted outside in public. It'll take at least 5 yrs. We're not rats we are the only beings on 2 limbs, the coordination and balance to accomplish this, is a phenom in itself. Mother nature has only done it once. Us! now that most people's muscle memory are used to sitting, the muscles are meshed and molded that way. We'll have to get stretched out and reminded, it'll be like learning to tight rope, then walking unassisted with a normal gait is like walking on a tight rope between skyscrapers and thousands watching lol. Balance and reflexes are another uphill battle.

Nobody seems to be thinking about cathing with 100% sensation eh? Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Imight View Post

Nobody seems to be thinking about cathing with 100% sensation eh? Interesting.
    Well I am firmly in the B&B before walking camp. Partly because of that, I can't imagine sticking a tube down the Implement of Obedience and being able to feel it even a little bit, much less totally. Also I have always been... fastidious (that's the nice work for having the OCD purell habit right?) and not having to dig crap out of my ass with my finger every other day is something else I would gladly trade for walking.