Page 71 of 291 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081121171 ... LastLast

Thread: ChinaSCINet Update

Quote Originally Posted by keeping on View Post
    If anybody saved the video from the meeting at austin Texas, please provide it. wise is very specific as to what he expects to happen with his trials.

Anthony
    I think this is what you are looking for: http://www.kxan.com/dpp/health/stem-...ther-in-austin

kh that's it. I'd like to see comments from wise on his thinkng several months hence. It looked promising then andthe same now. the last video from rutgers was very much in depth, too much, for me. He is talking chase and cethrin. Hope it keeps evolving.

Are there any videos of the April open house still up? The link provided says that it's offline...

Quote Originally Posted by MarcT View Post
    Are there any videos of the April open house still up? The link provided says that it's offline...
    See previous page, i.e. post http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showpos...&postcount=697 . It's working for me now.

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showpos...&postcount=697

Yes it is working for me as well . I got a bit lost with it all . it is looks very promising i suppose time will tell . Going by Dr. Young It looks like the next 1 year 2 will see some thing ?
    AS I SIT HERE IN MY CHAIR . I LOOK OUT UPON THE GROUND .I WONDER WILL I EVER GET UP AND WALK A ROUND ??

http://justadollarplease.org

Red face Why Acutes and not Chronics

saw the video again. happy with all that dr young is doing BUT why start with acutes? cant wait til he starts on chronics.

always good to hear him mention "chase", "cethrin".
    "I'm manic as hell-
    But I'm goin' strong-
    Left my meds on the sink again-
    My head will be racing by lunchtime"

<----Scott Weiland---->

Dr Young's trials are mainly for chronics but acutes have also been added to the mix. Extra cells shouldn't go to waste!

I was very encouraged by the facts that UCB is a good source of MUSE cells and that lithium can regulate the pten-mtor pathway, rather than having to delete the pten gene.

Quote Originally Posted by ineedmyelin View Post
    ... BUT why start with acutes?
    Pros: Far less physical therapy and less first year of injury expense.

Cons: Many will get better with only physical therapy.

Question: If an acute does not recover, might not a clever lawyer blame it on the treatment rather than the injury?

Personal opinion: If there were a "cure" as Dr. Young defines it (i.e. not a full recovery, but enough to look normal), how many people would go back to what they were doing before, versus remaining on disability. I think a lot of decision makers believe there wouldn't be all that much savings from a treatment for chronics. True or not, we need to tell them there would be a saving to lessening chronic SCI suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by khmorgan View Post
    Question: If an acute does not recover, might not a clever lawyer blame it on the treatment rather than the injury?
    im sure they have their bases covered. and you will be signing your name on multiple lines.