Page 30 of 291 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080130 ... LastLast

Thread: ChinaSCINet Update

Can't wait to hear the news. Thanks.

No post here from any one for few days.

Any updates?

How many patients have been treated now?

When Young will be giving some results?

Quote Originally Posted by Jawaid View Post
    No post here from any one for few days.

Any updates?

How many patients have been treated now?

When Young will be giving some results?
    Don't just jump directly to your questions and you may find your answers http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=150928
    Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Great news Titro!

The next operation (#7) in Honk Kong is next week I believe.
    I missed most of Wise's talk last night but I don't think there is anything to report. I'll ask him monday and report back if there is...
    Case #7 will be around the middle of April. For some reason, patients were not available or operating times were not available.

Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    Case #7 will be around the middle of April. For some reason, patients were not available or operating times were not available.

Wise.
    Hi Wise,
    I guess I would like to know the process for recruiting different therapies through SCINET? I see multiple therapies taking place around the world that could be run cheaper and safer and more consistant through SCI NET and it would be good to have these resourses active don't you agree?.
    Thanks Wise,
    You are a Great Man!

Dr Young, I've noticed a couple questions that are not clear to me. Could you please respond to some of these issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Quad62 View Post
    Do you have all the other 19 clinical trial patients identified in Hong Kong? What is the expected date to finish the initial transplantation on all 20? When do you expect to begin transplanting the cells in Kunming? I remember you indicating earlier that trial patients in Kunming were more easily forthcoming. Have you identified eligible trial patients in Kunming already? When are the 20 in Kunming expected to finish getting the initial transplantation? Would it take a year after that to collate and assess the safety/efficacy results from these phase 2 trials before the phase 3 trials are initiated? Thanks.
    If only the 7th patient is now scheduled in Hong Kong (April) out of the 20 needed for safety data, will this delay add at least an extra year to assess and submit the results to the FDA for approval in USA? After an application has finally been filed, approximately how long does it take for the approval? Did I understand you to say the application process would take a year?

Does this delay potentially push treatments back to 2014 or 2015 if safety is proven satisfactory?
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 03-25-2011 at 07:44 PM.

HELLO
    Wise Young what is the difference between the lithium chloride and lithium carbonate?

Great forum best i ve viewed. This is my first comment. First A little about me I am Peter Fitzgerald aged 43 residing in Malta last september 2010 i fell off a ladder. i am now a T11 complete. My comment is as follows. What i love to read is scientic proof or disproof that a treatment works based on credible clinical trials. I am sick of reading patient testamonials and clinic propoganda without any shred of evidence. Tiles like miricle cures ect.. make me sick, Jesus did them for free yet most clinic bleed you dry so beware use wisdom over desperation i say
    All in all keep up the good work Wise
    Peter from the island of Malta

Hello Dr. Young,

Are you aware of any efforts to connect SCI cure research with either or both of the below two research centers? It would seem to me that a flow of ideas between all may prove invaluable. It seems that SCI and the two share common ground - the nervous system.

Utah's Brain Institute
    Second Sight

Here is an article related to 2nd Sight.

I wonder is there is perhaps a future digital-electronics-based cure as well as what your research and trials will provide? I could envision a small wire harness to jumper the SC above and below the injured site. I think electronics today can easily amplify neural signals and step them back down to natural levels within the bypass assembly.

I also wonder if research into nano-medicine could provide some additional benefit in terms of targeted applications or breakthroughs related to your own efforts?

What are your thoughts please?
    Last edited by Jim Penn; 04-08-2011 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention nano-technology in original reply.

Yes i have the exact same question.
    <a href="http://www.arespro.org">Ares free download</a>